Puppers...

wooly

Decided to kill two birds with one stone today and go try to call some turkey in to my fox den blind for some pics.
Decoys on one side, and the den on the other.

No turkey showed up today, but I did see momma fox walk right past me with a mouth full of moles before she disappeared over the next ridge.
I knew there was another den over there so I packed up and got to it. Momma usually just dumps the moles at the door and goes off hunting again while the little guys eat and play.
As I snuck up the next hill I could see and hear a pup on the mound chirping! One of his brothers or sisters came out to join him in the sun for a bit and then they shot back down the hole, so I shot back to my hole to warm up and put some pants on!
I got a nice close spot set up for tomorrow if I can time it right!

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

• Like 10

Awesome pics how close were you

Thanks everyone, glad you like the fuzzy little furballs as much as I do!

jg- I shot these from about 20ft.

Tomorrow I'll try from 8-10ft away with a different/wider lens.

They saw me and heard me but they didn't seem to mind so I'll try for a different look/perspective with the next series and see what the give me.

• Like 2

Wooly, it always amazes me the situations you get into to take these excellent photos!!! You're the wildlife whisperer! lol

Anyone that thinks these pups are too cute & so cuddly and may want to adopt one,,,DON'T. There's a reason fox urine is such a great cover scent, it is putrid!!! Trust me, been there & done that! Adoption only lasted a week before my Mom laid down the law. Kind of a shocking lesson about the cycle of life for me as a 10yo.

Edited by nyslowhand
  • Like 1