what r ya using

ants

Gun season next week. wondering what everyones favorite gun/load combo is. Im going with a 7mm-08 with Rem. green box 140 grns. down in rifle country. When I get back home it will be a 12 ga. Winchester 1300 with Lightfield 2 3/4"

Edited by ants

NULA 209 ML, 275gr Parker Ballistic Extremes, SR4759 powder for opening day in Ontario County. When I hunt Wyoming County it will be the NULA 7mm-08 or Remington 243 or the NULA 300WSM. (hell if I know, see how I feel that day)

Late in the gun season in Livingston County it will be the 260Remington XP 100R (Pygmy Special).

Pennsylvania opening day, if the weather is decent (pussy that I am) it'll be the Sako 25-06. If is a typical SHIIT day in PA. I'll take the NULA 7mm-08

Golly, I think I like rifles.........

Muzzleloader around home (shotgun county) Rem 700 with some conicals and loose Pyrodex.

If I get to rifle area, Blaser R93 in some flavor, but I'd like to blood a 8x57IS barrel,196gr Oryx. Like Lawdwaz I use whatever suits my fancy that day, there are plenty to pick from.LOL

• Like 2

Going to spend my season with my grandfather's Savage .300 Model 99. It became mine last year when my 80 year old uncle, my hunting partner for the past 30 plus years, came to the house and surprised me with it saying, "I know you always wanted grampa's rifle and I think it's time for you to have it".

This rifle has not been in the woods since the old days when my grandfather used to go with his buddies, and pack supplies by mule and wagon back into the Adirondack's at McKeever. To the best of my knowledge he only killed a couple deer in his lifetime and only with this rifle. He was always so busy working hard to take care of his family it left precious little time for him to pursue the sport he loved so much, hunting.

Nothing would please me more this season than to take a buck with his rifle. Grampa........this one is for you!

• Like 2