Nobody will ship anything to NY right now

Was it just for age? Or did they write some information down?

I asked her and she said it was for age, but again they have never ID'd in the past, and Im pushing 50 years old. She just looked at my license for a split second and handed it back to me. I think its just a big C.Y.A. since the s@#t hit the fan.

The thing I wonder about the ammo deal is, how is this going to be done? is it like most shops now where you go in to buy a gun and the clerk calls the 800 nics# gives the info and then once cleared you walk out with the gun?

If this is the way it will be handled with ammo I would suspect that the smaller shops would not even go through the hassle of selling ammo because it wouldn't be proffit friendly to them. what I mean is if this will be done via a phone call an employee is tied up while on the phone, if its a 15 minute call for a box of 50 .22 bullets how can you operate like that?

this wole thing stinks of if we can't take the guns per the 2nd ammendment then we will just make it so difficult and costly to buy ammo people will just eventually throw up their hands and say they have had enough......

I am sure that at some point NY is going to close the loophole of crossing state lines to buy ammo.

Oh I will, plus I have Culvercreek as a resource right around the corner. Ive been wanting to get into this for a while, and the new laws just forced my hand.

OH YEAH!!!! culver has helped me alot also.... there are lots of places that have dies.... try cabelas or any other place like that... lawdwaz told me about The Gun Store www.buffaloguncenter.com if you are close to them they have a bit of a selection he said... im not sure about dies but they have powder ect.

I'm not sure how much of this is actually due to hoarding. It appears there is a panic run on ammo and components that has pretty much shut the whole supply down. I wonder how long this situation is going to go on. If the demand continues at this pace, I see cost reacting to demand, and the price of all this stuff may become prohibitive. I was checking on line, and haven't found many components that are actually in stock. What a difference from a few weeks back when I got supplies for my new .270. I should have doubled or tripled my order.

I just (an hour ago) bought a box of .40 S&W. No back ground check but I had to show I.D. They have never ID'd before. The cashier said that it was their new policy since the Cuomo rape.

Where was this at? I know that Mao-Mart requires that, but never had to show that at Gander.

My understanding is the law has to do with tracking ammunition sales. I had it open and used the "find" command to search is for "bullets", "powder", "primer", "brass" and "reload". The only hit was in reference to black powder firearms. I think that in the end we'll find that it doesn't restrict reloading supply purchases. Hope I'm right on that and if I am I'll wonder if it was left out of the law because it was inadvertently overlooked or if they figured crazy people are somehow incapable of reloading.

I searched "manufacture" as well. Didn't see anything that seemed related to reloading your own shells. Did see some additional stupidity in the law. They copied and pasted language from the firearms section on information to be recorded (name, model, calibre and serial number, or if none any other distinguishing marks) and pasted in the new section on ammunition sales. This demonstrates the rushed state that this law was tossed together in. Or perhaps they were thinking ahead in the hopes that micro-stamping will pass someday. Gun shops will need to purchase a microscope to comply with the law.

I bet all those guys that started stocking up on Ammo years ago...and there have been many .......The ones others made fun of...yep bet they are sitting back with a cold one and a smile on their faces......

I really do feel bad for any fire fighter in this country now....can you even imagine not knowing what your walking into now?!!

loworange88,

You do realize that I was joking.? They copied and pasted language from one section of the bill to another. Ammo does not have serial numbers on it and never has. So the ones who wrote the law either did a crappy job or they are really that clueless. In either case, it would be unacceptable for most of us to produce such garbage at our jobs.

I even think some companies will start manufacturing 7 round clips.

I dont think they will.This is a "line in the sand" thing.I wouldn't blame any company out there to say " I wont make a 7 round clip just for NY.Its what NY state senate wants though.This is a win win for them.They shut us down for the time being and if the gun manufacturers shun us then thats fine with them also.

Unless they searched ever vehicle crossing the state line, it would be impossible to enforce.

They cant even enforce the no fireworks laws. People pour into PA before the 4th to visit fireworks shops on the boarder. The shops cant sell to people from PA and you get carded at the door to make sure you are from NY. The shops are packed with NY'rs. PA has always had a screw you attitude when it come's to NY. I pay 99 cents for a can of chew in PA that costs almost $5 in NY. And just think if you buy in PA the taxes are way less so ammo cost less and It's less of a headache.

• Like 2

And just think if you buy in PA the taxes are way less so ammo cost less and It's less of a headache.

And what taxes you do pay don't goto a state government that treats legal gun owners like like a common criminal.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I927 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 2

What kind of a nut job would stock pile ammo? lol. Just because I still got boxes of black talon that they stopping selling to non LEO in 1,993..... I only have been buying one box at a time since then,1,000 round boxes though.

Black Talon, removed by Winchester, who then came out with their SXT ammo, some say that stands for

Same Exact Thing. I miss the old days when it was so easy to fool the anti gunners, and you could tease them about it SXT ha ha ha

I would say clueless. These people don't know fully auto from a front loader.

oh no, cuomo owns a shotgun that " hes brought hunting once or twice". which then makes him a gunsmith and gun expert. he can spot the difference between a stag arms and dpms from 3 miles away.

this is sarcasm btw lol