This season's goals

Witty

I thought it would be cool to see what some other members goals are for the upcoming season. Like most of you I am very excited to get back in the woods. This year I did pretty much all the scouting on my own. That is a first, genrally my dad is with me or a buddy with more experience. I had some help from a few members on here on what to look for (Thank you for that). This will also be my fiance's first season hunting (she passed the bow course last weekend and is taking the hunter education this weekend). I'm pumped to have her trying something I love (she got me to own a horse or three, she owed me lol). My number one goal above all else is to have a safe season. The second is to put her in a position to be successful. For me that would be for her to have deer within bow range. If that happens then I will have had a succesful year. If I can do that and have her take an deer, that would make this the best season ever. If on top of that I could get my first buck I might have to retire from hunting. I hope everyone here reaches their goals this season. Good luck.

Edited by Witty

Actually the goal is to be able to get up our "cardiac hill" and get back off it in an upright condition ..... ha-ha. And maybe somewhere along the line, get a couple of deer. I'm just taking each season, one at a time just to see how many more I can keep stringing together. Each additional bow season is a goal in itself.

I have an additional goal for gun season which is getting a deer with my new rifle. This year will be the first time I have ever used a rifle for deer. Love my new rifle, and am looking forward to being able to pick the exact hair that I want the bullet to hit.

Antler scores and such nonsense I will leave to others. The object this year is to increase the enjoyment and quality of the hunt and add to a lifetime of memories and experiences in the woods, doing the thing that has dominated my life.

d me for the first time not hunting last year, it took 10 months to find what was the cause and less than a month to put me on track to be my old (71), fat, bald old fart that still loves to hunt. I have shoot the bow 3 to 4 times a week, I am ready. My goal is just to be out there and if possible to take a buck.