Deer with arrow in jaw - NJ

Steve7

Looks like photo-shop to me.The deer in this picture looks almost serene, no suffering. But no doubt the story is true, at least parts of it.

I used to process deer professionally. I remember seeing a couple that had been shot in the face with arrows, there was a tremendous amount of damage, skin missing, infection...sure you get the picture.

Edited by Uncle Nicky

Seriously, can you put this down to bad luck or the worst shot decision ever? And obviously a traditional bow with low poundage was in use. I hate to see this stuff. Guy who hunted our woods last year used some kind of antique compound and was wounding animals due to lack of penetration power. He won't be back.

The problem here has nothing to do with the penetration. It has more to do with shot selection, or possibly "jumping the string". This result tells you nothing about what kind or quality of bow that was used.

That pic has been made to take a shot at us. Look at that arrow and broadhead. Those things are from the freakin 70's. If this is a real pic..Which i do not believe it is..Some kid got into his old mans old time bow stuff and took a shot.

Very hard pic to look at and thats just what the anti's and the people against hunting want people to see!!

I know a guy who shoots aluminum camo arrows and broad heads very similar to there. He's had them for like 30 years.

No,if you go back n forth between the images and look at the fletchings there is an angle change. I thought the same as you at first.

but, there is also a change in the position/angle of the deer......that may cause a change in the angle of the arrow and how it appears.

• Like 1

Looks pretty real to me. Look at the hair near the entry point of the arrow. Its possible it happened long enough ago that any blood would be gone. Remember, it gets wet and dewy/frosty out at night, then theres rain. These animals dont head into the house to stay nice and dry lol.

+1.  The deer actually has slight swelling under it's right eye from the arrow impact like a black eye.   

That pic has been made to take a shot at us. Look at that arrow and broadhead. Those things are from the freakin 70's. If this is a real pic..Which i do not believe it is..Some kid got into his old mans old time bow stuff and took a shot.

Very hard pic to look at and thats just what the anti's and the people against hunting want people to see!!

Am I mistaken or is that a broadhead that goes on a wooden shaft that is tapered and glued into the broahead?  Looks just like the ones my dad has from years ago that he used on wooden shafts.  Never seen an aluminum accept that style head.  Anti-Hunter hoax is what I think.  Old broadhead, Bone, and there appears to be no damage at all.  Has to be a Hoax.

I used the same stuff up until last year.  All the stuff to put together that setup is readily available.

Yep, and its other eye is screwy looking, like the skin under it is being pulled down. Theres no question in my mind that its real.

Yes WNY.  I opened the topic really feeling that it was real although those anti's can try and do anything to make us responsible hunters look bad. There is a posting on a NJ Hunter site similar to huntingny.com that they said this happened to the deer during in Essex county, NJ during the bow opener. Some locals who are claim they are familiar with deer claim it happened last year and that's why there is no blood and that it's kinda healed.  Both pro and con on that forum in NJ too and we may never know the outcome.   

Here are a couple of the pictures. Only thing that looks out of place in these two pictures is that it is views is one from each way she is looking, and one he head is turned more, but the angle of the arrow in both pictures appears to be identical.

I'm still apprehensive, it could just be the angle of the sun/lighting.  However, it looks to me like these two pictures could possibly be different deer.  The deer on the right has what appears to be a faint double throat patch.  While the deer on the left appears not to have one.  As well as they seem to be slightly different color shades.  Who know's?  With out actually seeing it for myself, I take everything on the internet with a grain of salt.