Huge spike

nyantler

This is where true qdma practices would of removed this deer as a mature animal via age accessment, where the AR's would continue to let it live... age and judging age is a good way to manage a herd, ar's are for the uneducated masses who believe saving points makes bigger bucks....  Its like high grading a forest for years , yes you will have trees but the value wil be lowest by removing all the good genetic(large straight trees) the junk wll get big but the forest will be unhealthy and of low quality.

• Like 2

Doesn't every beam get 3 circumference measurements?

The circumference measurements are made between the points not randomly correct?  i.e. an 8 pointer has 3 on each beam, base, between G1 and G2, between G2 and G3.  Or am I wrong?

post-857-0-95868500-1392303940_thumb.jpg

Edited by letinmfly

The circumference measurements are made between the points not randomly correct?  i.e. an 8 pointer has 3 on each beam, base, between G1 and G2, between G2 and G3.  Or am I wrong?

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

you are right. but it only gets 3 even if it is a 12 pointer. I brought that up because I cant see any other way that spike could get to 100. I would think the spike would at least get 2 on each side. the base and at midway but I have never seen a spike or a 4 point measured so I don't know.

you are right. but it only gets 3 even if it is a 12 pointer. I brought that up because I cant see any other way that spike could get to 100. I would think the spike would at least get 2 on each side. the base and at midway but I have never seen a spike or a 4 point measured so I don't know.

Thanks Culver.  I would definitely mount that deer!!