What's for dinner tonight?

philoshop

I tried to make homemade pizza for dinner a few days ago. It can out pretty good but I used frozen pizza dough and it was too thin. Next time i'll use the pre-made crusts that Wegman's sells. Chicken,brocoli, alfredo with black olives and schrooms.

getPart?uid=32704262&partId=2&scope=STANDARD&saveAs=IMG_20161231_185927749.jpg

IMG_20161231_185927749.jpg

Edited by 2012_taco
no picture
  • Like 2

Are you ready?:

Southwestern chicken soup,cubed BSC breast sauteed in seasoned EVO with 4 cloves of garlic and chunk onion. 1 quart HC tomatoes, 4 cups of chicken broth a sprinkling of Rendezvous seasoning and cumin. Then to this I added...chopped turnip greens, carrots, corn, yellow and green summer squash, green beans lentils, black beans, great northern beans, chopped jalapeno pepper, blk pepper, roasted and fresh red pepper,mushrooms and a cup of dry white wine. It is simmering on low and awaiting fresh buttered french bread.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, growalot said:

Are you ready?:

Southwestern chicken soup,cubed BSC breast sauteed in seasoned EVO with 4 cloves of garlic and chunk onion. 1 quart HC tomatoes, 4 cups of chicken broth a sprinkling of Rendezvous seasoning and cumin. Then to this I added...chopped turnip greens, carrots, corn, yellow and green summer squash, green beans lentils, black beans, great northern beans, chopped jalapeno pepper, blk pepper, roasted and fresh red pepper,mushrooms and a cup of dry white wine. It is simmering on low and awaiting fresh buttered french bread.

"awaiting fresh buttered french bread" and my arrival. :)

Sounds like a winner growie........tonight (and every night for the past ten days) I'm cooking dinner.  My wife is on her way back from Florida where she has been for the past ten days, getting her father out of rehab.  Their plane lands around 5:30.  The meatloaf is ready to jump into the oven, potatoes are boiling and broccoli is prepped for the big steam job.

My FIL loves meatloaf and after about three weeks of hospital then rehab facility SOS he'll appreciate all my efforts for sure.  He is leaving his winter home of almost 30 years for the final time.  Pretty rough deal for him...........AND us. 

• Like 5

53 minutes ago, growalot said:

LAWD...hope he and all of you settle well into this new situation...I love a good meat loaf!

Back from the airport.........I've only been yelled at twice so far; once for hitting a man hole cover in the road (a compression fracture in his back) made him see stars and then when we got in the driveway at my my place I opened my door to get out and before I could even lift my ass off the seat he hollered "HURRY UP AND CLOSE THE DOOR".  LOL, it's gonna be tough.

None of this pertains to "dinner tonight" but one more thing, a big THANK YOU to Southwest Airlines.  They were great to deal with.......:drinks:

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

Back from the airport.........I've only been yelled at twice so far; once for hitting a man hole cover in the road (a compression fracture in his back) made him see stars and then when we got in the driveway at my my place I opened my door to get out and before I could even lift my ass off the seat he hollered "HURRY UP AND CLOSE THE DOOR".  LOL, it's gonna be tough.

None of this pertains to "dinner tonight" but one more thing, a big THANK YOU to Southwest Airlines.  They were great to deal with.......:drinks:

Hang in lawd it will get better. Speaking from experience.

16 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Do you pour a couple of dashes of cider vinegar in bowl of soup before eating ? Dad made some last week and hooked us with a bunch. Gotta have vinegar lol 

Never tried it with vinegar in my soup but I do with my gabbage. I use apple cider vinegar with the mother. My next bowl will be with vinegar. Thanks for the tip.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SmokeinTN said:

Homemade ham an bean soup with cornbread and glass of Merlot.

HA! This is on the menu for Tuesday or Wednesday night! I have a ton of leftover ham from last night!

56 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Do you pour a couple of dashes of cider vinegar in bowl of soup before eating ? Dad made some last week and hooked us with a bunch. Gotta have vinegar lol 

Cider vinegar? Hmmm... I haven't made bean soup in a long time. Never used any kind if vinegar in it before. I may try it in the bowl, but for some reason I feel you are messing around TF. LOL.

Cider vinegar? Hmmm... I haven't made bean soup in a long time. Never used any kind if vinegar in it before. I may try it in the bowl, but for some reason I feel you are messing around TF. LOL.

Not kidding at all. Just add a few dashes into your bowl. Adds some zip. A lot of recipes suggest it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Not kidding at all. Just add a few dashes into your bowl. Adds some zip. A lot of recipes suggest it.

Will give it a shot. I use just a splash in most of my wing sauces, and I like fries with gravy and a touch of vinegar ( damn, add to my list of future dinners, been a few years ). 

Not for dinner but I made homemade liverwurst the other night.

64d2a43b79507460a75ee61023b3d647.jpg

f2cd39bdc14383578cb5c442a98cac88.jpg

While the process was horrifying (hand grinding liver is not a clean process) the final result is enjoyable if you enjoy liverwurst. I used a liver from my partners button buck Since the recipe called for beef tongue, I substituted the heart.

Here is the site I followed:
http://homecookinginmontana.blogspot.com/2013/02/homemade-german-liverwurst-pateu-de-casa.html?m=1

• Like 2