Pour one out

screamon demon

I am still a newbie on this site but i have been a follwer for awhile. It is great to be among others who share your same passion.

Yesterday afternoon my uncle passed away shortly after firing at a deer. He was found slumped under his tree after what is assumed to be a heart attack.  Shortly after shooting his partner called him and got no response. That's when he went to look for and found my uncle.

My uncle had a passion for hunting that stretched decades. He server his country through vietnam as well as serving his community as a police officer. I cant put into words his devotion to hunting everything and anything that moved. I will not get into the deep emotions I am dealing with personally as well as empathetically for my father. However, I thought that I would mention this on a hunting forum where other's with the "fever" would appreciate it. So as the title says please pour one out in his memory . . . . and remember him as a devoted member of our club.

thank you

I am still a newbie on this site but i have been a follwer for awhile. It is great to be among others who share your same passion.

Yesterday afternoon my uncle passed away shortly after firing at a deer. He was found slumped under his tree after what is assumed to be a heart attack.  Shortly after shooting his partner called him and got no response. That's when he went to look for and found my uncle.

My uncle had a passion for hunting that stretched decades. He server his country through vietnam as well as serving his community as a police officer. I cant put into words his devotion to hunting everything and anything that moved. I will not get into the deep emotions I am dealing with personally as well as empathetically for my father. However, I thought that I would mention this on a hunting forum where other's with the "fever" would appreciate it. So as the title says please pour one out in his memory . . . . and remember him as a devoted member of our club.

thank you

These kinds of fatalities are always so hard on the survivors. But if it is of any comfort, it should be noted that he went doing what was a central part of his life. We don't choose the time and place of our departure, but if I could, I would ask to go during a hunt rather than many of the other ways to go.

Doc

Sorry for your loss. As the others have said though at least he went out with his boots on. And with a last shot at one. I know these things are not easy but his memories will remain and the devotion he showed for the sport of hunting will last forever. hang in there and be proud of a true sportsman.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.  We are all indebted to your uncle for his service.  I don't know where you are located, but if you contact your local VFW, they should help you provide a military color guard for the funeral if desired.

Your whole hunting party got to see him and enjoy his good morning and good luck one last time that is something to cherish for along time coming. He was happy and probably wouldn't of wanted any other way. His presence might be gone but his legacy will live on in your family and memory's.

Sorry for your loss we are all here for ya.

I am so sorry to hear. My sympathies to you and your family. Try to think positive. No suffering and going out doing what he loved to do, there are much worse ways to go. Any death is tough to deal with, but I know from experience that those quick unexpected deaths are very traumatic on the family.

Sorry for your loss, but I can think of only one way to pass that MIGHT be better than while hunting..

You gotta just cherish all those other memories you've made with him over the years a little bit more,

and share them with future family generations..