Where oh where...

Borngeechee

3M and 3P (Orange County)

Borngeechee,

Don't forget to stop by Sterling Forest visitor's center soon with your hunting license.

If don't apply for a permit soon enough, you will be locked out of the first 3 days of Deer gun season there.

Sterling also has a no firearms restriction until Nov. 1.   I head to Stewart or another smaller state parcel until then for turkey, etc.

Another place you can check out is Stewart Buffer lands near the Stewart Airport (shotgun only)  Tough to get in for opening weekend there too, but that is a phone-in thing.  Sometimes opening weekend in the afternoon you can get a spot.  Opening weekend at Stewart requires checking in at the ranger station.  Park only at numbered spots.

For rifle, you can also try Huckleberry Ridge near Port Jervis.  I-87 North, exit 16 (Monroe/Woodbury/Catskills) to Rt 17 West.  I think the exit off of Rt 17 is Mountain road.  It is literally just a ridge line, so plan on getting some exercise.  I haven't been there yet, but pass it on my way to PA 3-4 times a year.

3M and 3P (Orange County)

Borngeechee,

Don't forget to stop by Sterling Forest visitor's center soon with your hunting license.

If don't apply for a permit soon enough, you will be locked out of the first 3 days of Deer gun season there.

Sterling also has a no firearms restriction until Nov. 1. I head to Stewart or another smaller state parcel until then for turkey, etc.

Another place you can check out is Stewart Buffer lands near the Stewart Airport (shotgun only) Tough to get in for opening weekend there too, but that is a phone-in thing. Sometimes opening weekend in the afternoon you can get a spot. Opening weekend at Stewart requires checking in at the ranger station. Park only at numbered spots.

For rifle, you can also try Huckleberry Ridge near Port Jervis. I-87 North, exit 16 (Monroe/Woodbury/Catskills) to Rt 17 West. I think the exit off of Rt 17 is Mountain road. It is literally just a ridge line, so plan on getting some exercise. I haven't been there yet, but pass it on my way to PA 3-4 times a year.

Thanks Two Track. I sent off for my sterling permit a week ago thanks to Elmo giving me the heads up.

My closest spots are within 10 minutes from home and those are usually reserved for after work evening spots. On weekends/days off I can be anywhere in Tioga, Broome, Delaware, Chenango, Tompkins counties. I have public & private hunting spots in each of those counties

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Canadice, Lima, Arcade and East Aurora..............unless a door opens OR closes. :biggrin:

IIRC these areas are in 8H, 8N and 9H.  Damned alphabet soup...............................

My uncle sold his cabin &  land in Naples so that is out of the equation.