People wearing Camo

fasteddie

Wearing camo doesn't bother me, what bother me is the so called "Hunters" wearing it.I usually don't wear any camo out in public because of all the non hunters that wear it because it's col.The redneck thing is also worn the hell out in my opinion.

Edited by MACHINIST
  • Like 2

so was I gotta say 99% of my hats are camo though & do wear them in public

Just not full body camo

New Hampshire fish & game puts on classes about hunting & fishing & you gotta love the guys that show up in full camo like they are gonna see some game to shoot at F&G headquarters

• Like 1

People worry about too much silly stuff.

I am in public from time to time with camo jeans...nearly all of it is hunting related...running to the hardware store to pick up ratchet straps, or similar. I'm not wearing camo because it's camo, my prep jeans are just camo because they were $5 at Walmart and durable as all get out.

People tell themselves stories too easily. The jamoke wearing the camo shirt or hat may be a stone cold killer and you might learn a thing or two. Or, he could very well be a wannabe hunter who has all the gear but hasn't hunted in ages or not at all.

Then again, life's too short.

• Like 4

It's the camo face paint and bandolier of shotgun shells that grabs peoples attention when i go out in public. 

Being in retail ( non hunting/fishing retail) I'll ask a customer if they're more of a hunter or fisherman to break the ice on the sales floor if they're wearing camo. More often than not..."neither, I got it on sale" 

Camo hat is as far as I go but 2 years ago in Inlet I walked into a gas station/convenience store and resupplied my wood after 13 days of hunting, I forgot I had camo war paint on.  WOW what a look the girl gave me!  I was face whipped a few times in the dark so the blood on my face added to the camo effect!

I scared myself when I looked in the mirror so I understood her horror. 

• Like 1

I have camo gear that I wear in public once in a while ( not full camo ) . A lot of times the camo clothes are on clearance at WalMart or Dicks and it's generally quality material .

Anybody ever run into you? Good thing you don't go out in full camo.

Although I live in the southern tier, I choose to not wear any camo...prefer a low profile. I see many hunters wearing their camo jackets all winter with back tag attached buying food and beer while smoking. I know people are hurting financially, but they sell jackets/coats cheap at thrift stores.

• Like 1

I have camo shorts, some hats and a bunch of hunting themed shirts that i wear in public all the time. Who cares. Wear what you want and Ill wear what I want. Its not bad for the sport or anything else. Get over it. Sheesh.

Funny joke Eddie, I got a chuckle out of it.

John --- Try that at the DEC sportsmen's gathering when you go ....... that would be a hoot !