Father / daughter day - pair 'o nines!

Steuben Jerry

So Sunday turned out to be a pretty special Daddy /daughter day. My youngest daughter started hunting with us a few years ago, getting her first buck last year on opening day. This year she sat in the same stand, and at about 10 am had a wide nine pointer chasing a doe toward her. She dropped it in his tracks at 50 yds with a neck shot. She's still pretty stoked about it!

At about 4pm, I was watching a field corner that had a few does and fawns feeding. A nice rutted up buck came trotting out grunting and chasing one of the does. He gave me a nice broadside look and I dropped him at 166 yds (ranged it after the shot). I was pretty happy to see an extra kicker making him another nine pointer.

When we were getting ready to leave for the morning watch, she said "let's have a buck slaying Sunday", so we did! That's going to hard to top!

imagejpg1_zpsf8539fcb.jpg

• Like 33

Have a field pic of hers, but didn't have anything to wipe the blood off with. I was mindful of hanging tongues though. No field pics of mine unfortunately. Hard to see in the pic, but there is an extra 1 and 1/2 inch point splitting off the right brow tine. It's visible in the first pic. We're counting the broken tine as a point.

imagejpg1_zps884dc0b3.jpg

Edited by Steuben Jerry
  • Like 3