If you had $200,000 to start a business….

First-light

Nope advice on how to make as a hobby what most dont make at their job is free.  I guess on your other remarks we all can see what you are lacking. Sorry bub...Life was not very fair for ya. BAHAHAHA

And what do you think I am lacking?  Money??  I am quite comfortable, thank you.  I know that I sure as hell won't be giving any of it to you for those pen raised deer, though.  I can find better ways to spend it. LOL

Takes a lot to have a business.  You miss the things in life you want to see the most.  Your child's first day of school (etc), hunting season, vacations, a home life in general.  Possibly risk divorce.  I own a welding, fabrication, sandblasting and painting business.  I have a shop but we travel a lot.  Everything I listed above will and can happen.  You think owning a business is great.  Work when I want? no, when a job comes up and you go to texas, you miss everything.  Then deal with keeping work coming in the door.  Every minute in your life deals with your business.  Im on the computer now trying to drum up more business.  I have work but I cant ever stop looking.  Then you put money aside to make it through winter(personal bills, pay workers, keep equipment up to speck).......I didn't post this for an argument piece but just for anyone who is thinking about a business to think over.  Go and start a business but think about everything first!!!!

Takes a lot to have a business.  You miss the things in life you want to see the most.  Your child's first day of school (etc), hunting season, vacations, a home life in general.  Possibly risk divorce.  I own a welding, fabrication, sandblasting and painting business.  I have a shop but we travel a lot.  Everything I listed above will and can happen.  You think owning a business is great.  Work when I want? no, when a job comes up and you go to texas, you miss everything.  Then deal with keeping work coming in the door.  Every minute in your life deals with your business.  Im on the computer now trying to drum up more business.  I have work but I cant ever stop looking.  Then you put money aside to make it through winter(personal bills, pay workers, keep equipment up to speck).......I didn't post this for an argument piece but just for anyone who is thinking about a business to think over.  Go and start a business but think about everything first!!!!

It is hard. All the more reason why a very large portion of what you work for should be handed over to those who just don't feel like they want to take the risks that you have. Sorry couldn't resist. You nailed the reason why those willing to take the risks should be able to keep what they work for.

• Like 1

Or just plant it now in another county on land you dont own.lol   This way you can keep the 200 grand and still make out well.

Or get your pilot license and spend $200k on a small plane and start flying yayo into the US from Bolivia/Columbia.

I would like to make deer calls.  My preferred choice.   

Floating seafood restaurant.  (If the food is good, no doubt it would work.)

Computer repair and or video security installations.  I am sure this would be successful, my second choice.  

A flag pole company and install the poles myself for the first 5 years the company I work for right now has competition when it comes to selling flags and banners but doesn't really have any competition when it comes to installing flag poles I think I could make a killing.

• Like 1

I have no interest in starting up a business, but a small knife shop might be an enjoyable retirement for me.Although not sure if the market around here could support it.

We all know most start ups fail and most owners work a ton of hours, however the ones who succeed seem to,do very well.

One of my hunting partners owns a factory in Roch. He's home everyday by 2:30 so he hunts every afternoon in bow and gun he wants, on land he owns . Lives on the water owns all the toys and what not.

My brother in law took a buy out from Kodak back in the day. Killed himself for a few years owning an optic lens manufacturing plant. Sold it idk 15 years after starting it for a few million profit.

His son ,my nephew started a company in Nashville, Inc. Magazine last year rated it the 8th fastest growing company in the U.S. Number 1 in the financial services .

He's picking up some hunting land by his house for around one million.

He does travel a lot, but clients take him to NFL games and hunting ranches so that's not to bad........

It's a roll of the dice, but the winners can win big.