Looks like there may just be statewide Antler Restricts.

Four Season Whitetail's

A deer is an animal that gets educated by us humans as it gets older. If the situation is right that old 4.5 year old will be as easy as killing a yearling. If the situation is right killing that yearling will be just as hard as to kill a 4.5 year old buck. You can sit and wait on the ground or better yet go up a tree. You can track a buck for miles and hopefully get a look at him in the distance. You the hunter make it what it is. No right or wrong, its what you get out of it. I have had hunters shoot a mature buck 10 minutes into their first hunt ever. They had the deer mounted and hung up the gun never to hunt again. That hunter never got anything out of the experience. Those who hardly see deer but go back year after year, they get something out of it. I just hope the changes that are coming do not sway the younger and old timer hunters away from the sport. That would be two resources we can't lose..

• Like 6

Can we get back to the conspiracy theory in which FSW wants ARs and more restrictions on hunting because it will increase business at the deer farm? I kind of liked this one in particular...

Nah the farm income will never change, to many hunters want to shoot those freak nasty bucks but i guess i may be able to laugh all the way to the bank if i release a few 400 inch bloodline does bred to one of my 250 inch bucks and then lease my property out to the highest bidder. Not sure if i can get our land that borders Letchworth's safety zone any better than it is though. I should reap big money off that 125 acres.

Can we get back to the conspiracy theory in which FSW wants ARs and more restrictions on hunting because it will increase business at the deer farm? I kind of liked this one in particular...

He's also lobbying the DEC to allow only those with a mullet to hunt. He'd then have all the hunting in NYS to himself since he's the only remaining human on planet earth with a mullet. The rest of us could live with AR's, but mullets, NO way Jose!

• Like 1

He's also lobbying the DEC to allow only those with a mullet to hunt. He'd then have all the hunting in NYS to himself since he's the only remaining human on planet earth with a mullet. The rest of us could live with AR's, but mullets, NO way Jose!

Yeah they prob would not look good on fat,lazy people. It takes a winner to pull one off. Thanks for noticing though.  The young girls at the bank like it the best!!!

A deer is an animal that gets educated by us humans as it gets older. If the situation is right that old 4.5 year old will be as easy as killing a yearling. If the situation is right killing that yearling will be just as hard as to kill a 4.5 year old buck. You can sit and wait on the ground or better yet go up a tree. You can track a buck for miles and hopefully get a look at him in the distance. You the hunter make it what it is. No right or wrong, its what you get out of it. I have had hunters shoot a mature buck 10 minutes into their first hunt ever. They had the deer mounted and hung up the gun never to hunt again. That hunter never got anything out of the experience. Those who hardly see deer but go back year after year, they get something out of it. I just hope the changes that are coming do not sway the younger and old timer hunters away from the sport. That would be two resources we can't lose..

I believe a split season would stop some of that over needed pressure and more guys would kill more of those bigger deer some speak about. Split season would be best if they are going to cut some time off the season.

I don't know but I'm for it if it includes spread, points on both sides, and something that allows harvest of a buck 4.5+ years old that slips through the first two guidelines (min " B&C gross antler score). texas goes with 6 points each or one side to catch a mature buck protected by the other restrictions. whatever. it'd suck to shoot a 2.5 year old with 6 points on one side and I've been with an outfitter that it happened to.

Did I read that right. You want a restriction to protect 3.5 year olds?

with it. I find it difficult to dunk a basketball, Lebron James thinks it's easy... is he wrong? No, the truth is that most 5' 10 white guys can't dunk a basketball.. so I wouldn't see it as a "slap in the face" if Lebron James said it was easy.

Nyantler , Why just white guys are you saying black guys 5'10" are just better at basketball ?

Edited by Larry302

Yeah they prob would not look good on fat,lazy people. It takes a winner to pull one off. Thanks for noticing though.  The young girls at the bank like it the best!!!

I'm fat, lazy and old...Are you suggesting that I would not look good with a FISH on my head ?

No offense taken...I wouldn't look good with Kim Kardashian on my head, but I'll bet I would FEEL pretty good..

This has been probably the MOST fun thread ever...

" DON'T tell my heart....My Achey Breaky heart "......

• Like 1

......I have had hunters shoot a mature buck 10 minutes into their first hunt ever. They had the deer mounted and hung up the gun never to hunt again. That hunter never got anything out of the experience. ....

I know of three separate cases where this happened exactly as you described it. One of the guys was less than 200 yards from where they parked the car. His words......"This doesn't seem like much of an accomplishment". He was not kidding, and indeed never went hunting again. The deer was a huge 11 point that any hunter here would be thrilled to get.....lol. 

• Like 4

This thread is an online street brawl. There has to be at least 5 different conversations/fights going on at once!

I think it I kind of fun listening to all the variations of opinion on all of these hot-button issues among hunters. I like seeing the opinions, and some of the reasons for them. You get to learn a lot about the hunter mentality and pick up an appreciation for the passions and intensity behind hunting.

Also, it gives some people an opportunity to tell the world how good they are at hunting ..... lol. Where else do you get a chance to brag about how great you are with no one around to call you on it. Probably no one at home that evens listens to that kind of arrogance anymore. Here there is a whole new audience.....ha-ha-ha.

This thread has been a blast!

I agree Doc the thread is good one. Let's face it, this is not about introducing a crossbow into season or changing DM zones.

This is about taking away our right to shoot certain animals in the herd. Taking away our right………….

You have no rights. The only right you have is to listen to more crap that the State/Govt tells you. You will do as they say, you will not do as they say and do what you like or you will get out. Pretty much how it goes in Ny.

I will forever hold you on a pedestal.

Has nothing to do with being a better hunter.. I just put on more miles than most hunters and see more deer. Mostly I guess I'm just luckier than some. My last 5 out of 6 bucks have been killed Dec 10th or later... if I sat in a treestand I'm sure I would have the same results as most other hunters, but I don't... because that makes no sense to me and certainly doesn't sound like any fun. Instead of attacking other hunters for being more successful, some of the "can't kill a deer" guys ought to pay a little better attention to what the successful hunters are doing differently. Because the successful guys certainly aren't going to stop killing deer so the rest can catch up... that's not how it works.

• Like 2

Crossbows in entire archery season, it's official!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I heard that you now have to take the bowhunter course in order to use one and a new crossbow privilege that you have to buy as well.

Edited by jjb4900

I heard that you now have to take the bowhunter course in order to use one and a new crossbow privilege that you have to buy as well.

Just as they should.as far as test. The xtra income from a different weapon is why you wont see it called archery and allowed during the whole archery season. They win again$

Wouldn't complain about that....I haven't bought a ML license in years...but had to this year inorder to use the cross bow...so I'd just go back to not buying the ML and get a XB...I always believed that one should have to get a hunter safety course to use them in anyways....

Edited by growalot

If the situation is right that old 4.5 year old will be as easy as killing a yearling. If the situation is right killing that yearling will be just as hard as to kill a 4.5 year old buck.

That there is quite a statement.  You must be hand feeding that 4.5 YO buck in the backyard pen?

If not confined, please explain when a 4.5 YO would ever be as easy to kill as a yearling? 

The rut? Well I'll say this; that would be about the only time that your odds would go up to kill that buck but for all the guys in the woods bowhunting the rut, you sure don't see many 4.5 YO bucks killed. 

I heard that you now have to take the bowhunter course in order to use one and a new crossbow privilege that you have to buy as well.

I was joking. But hopefully it happens. I took my bowhunters course a few years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk