Starting to snow...

growalot

The critters are going to have a tough go around here until this hard crust breaks from the freezing rain Friday night.  Heck my pooch has a hard time walking around.

Imagine a turkey or squirrel trying to root around....................... :)

Do you have ice in your locale?

Edited by Lawdwaz

Have already heard some news outlets calling this storm "Historic" and  "Worst Storm Ever" for coastal areas before the first flake even falls. My opinion is that the hype will be far worse far than the storm itself. 

Oh,by the way,King Cuomo said it's ok to stay home from work!

Good luck to all of you folks out east..

Here along the mid-southern tier we often dodge the bullet on the big storms..We are too far west and north to catch the nor-easters, and too far south to catch the lake effect. Suits me just FINE !

I work for the DOT out of Rochester. A bunch of us got sent to long Island last night to plow the highways during the storm. We got our plows together & drove all night to get here. Got in around 5:30 this morning. They're telling us to expect to be here until at least friday. Starting to snow now.

Edited by Skillet
  • Like 1

I wish this storm hit Tuesday night so I can get the first day of college off lol. Its snowing now but its not horrible, but i'm told that its going to get really bad tonight. Only thing that bothers me is that people are panicking like we have never gone through a snow storm like this before. 

• Like 1

You would think since the recent crap we had from the hurricanes, more peole would stay prepared.

We just did out normal grocery shopping this weekend (very crowed of course with the panic shoppers) and picked up some kerosene for the space heaters in case we lose heat.

Since office is open all day, tossed in my zero degree bag, water bottle, backpacking stove, and a pot into the car in case get stranded.  Have to get through 2 counties in the blizzard zone to get mine, which is also in the blizzard zone.

Expecting 2 feet by me, 3 feet near the office.  School closed early by me.  Just enough time for a AP or regents exam and sent them home.  First real storm without my 4X4.

I work for the DOT out of Rochester. A bunch of us got sent to long Island last night to plow the highways during the storm. We got our plows together & drove all night to get here. Got in around 5:30 this morning. They're telling us to expect to be here until at least friday. Starting to snow now.

Cool, a little over time ain't going to hurt.  Bring some good seafood back with you and keep safe!

• Like 1

It was snowing earlier in the day but now just stopped (Calm before the storm?) I don't mind snow just these friggin winds I worry about, they are saying up to 75mph, something will be flying. Dutchess and Ulster are on the clock, state of emergency as of 4 PM today.

Went to the gym this a.m. and just got back...roads were covered when I left and they never plowed while I was gone....got a tad snow blind a few times...Main roads weren't done either and I had an easier time on the back roads, seeing I was the only one on them...came home the back way, that hill is a tad shorter than ours...studs and a 150 #'s over each tire makes a huge difference. too tired to shovel and there is a constant wet snow falling now..will shovel tomorrow..

Be careful out there my anti skid was working over time today....Not crusty here but I will take the Gator out tomorrow and do another drive around

Almost time for me to fight the crowd at Penn Station.  Snow is coming down, so far its not awful in NYC yet.  Went out at 130 and was coming down steady some wind but not horrible. Other areas may be seeing worse I hear.  Also not sure the last 2 hours. I am betting its picking up.. Be safe everyone.

well, Cuomo made me laugh for once.....when talking about the storm he said although this is historic for lower NYS, people in Buffalo and Rochester areas would shrug this 2' of projected snowfall off as a common occurrence....and I assume this is true.

Edited by jjb4900

well, Cuomo made me laugh for once.....when talking about the storm he said although this is historic for lower NYS, people in Buffalo and Rochester areas would shrug this 2' of projected snowfall off as a common occurrence....and I assume this is true.

Ha-ha .... Nobody shrugs off 2' of snow, but yes, Western NY residents are no strangers to that kind of a storm. But I can't recall ever experiencing 2' of snow with hurricane or near-hurricane force winds.

Ha-ha .... Nobody shrugs off 2' of snow, but yes, Western NY residents are no strangers to that kind of a storm. But I can't recall ever experiencing 2' of snow with hurricane or near-hurricane force winds.

The Blizzard of 77 is the last I remember very well. Today marks 30 years. Several feet of snow on the ground with 73 mph, wind gusts.  Drifts up to 30 feet mixed with dirt. Oh yes, remember that very well.