It's cold

G-Man

Yeah, we are warming up nicely, here in the Helerberg hills. Wind chill is only - 25 today! Just got done snowblowing drifts again and a lot warmer out than yesterday.

Took another snowshoe hike out back, very little deer movement seen the last

couple of days. The deep snow and cold temps will make it a bit hard on them. But they are amazingly tough animals. And I gain more respect for them every year!

• Like 1

Just got in went out at 10:45 and continuously shoveled until now...but the @#$#%#%$ drive is done again!....I'm freezing and my back died 2 hrs ago...I am now having to toss this snow as high as 8 ft and it's getting dang old...Haven't been to the gym since Wed. I'm to busy clearing here and then too sore and tired the next day. I wonder how many calories I'm burning in my 3-5 hr shovelling sessions in sub zero weather....

Have you watched "Alaska the Last Frontier" over the last 2 seasons? I'm watching it now & they are concerned that they aren't getting enough snow & it's too warm. Been that way for the last 2 winters.

The were also summer like temperatures @ the Sochi winter olympics in Russia last year.

WTF?

Edited by wildcat junkie

Have you watched "Alaska the Last Frontier" over the last 2 seasons? I'm watching it now & they are concerned that they aren't getting enough snow & it's too warm. Been that way for the last 2 winters.

The were also summer like temperatures @ the Sochi winter olympics in Russia last year.

WTF?

I have watched this show.I think they have a much better life than most in the lower 48,it is also nice to see/and show these kinda show's to younger generations to give them an idea of the way life was.

• Like 1

NOAA scientist debunks warmist claims about Alaska heatwave: ‘Heatwave is not evidence of climate change but rather the next stage in a long-term weather pattern’

James E. Overland, a research oceanographer with the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, would agree with the off-kilter part. But he would add mysterious to the mix, too.

Overland argues that Alaska’s very cool heat wave is not evidence of climate change but rather the next stage in a long-term weather pattern that began with six years of warming in the Bering Sea and southern Alaska, followed by six cold years.

“This year, then, was the breakdown of the string of cold years,” Overland said. “What all the scientists are wondering now [is]: Is this just one warm year? Could we flip back to a cold sequence again, or is this the start of a warm sequence? … We don’t know, and it makes a big difference.”

http://www.climatedepot.com/2015/01/04/noaa-scientists-debunks-warmist-claims-about-alaska-heatwave-heatwave-is-not-evidence-of-climate-change-but-rather-the-next-stage-in-a-long-term-weather-pattern/

Edited by Papist

Today was a nice day, to bad my oil burner stopped working!  No hot shower today, arg.  Kind of glad it happened because their was a pin hole in one of the pipes that needed attention.  I found out what a sharkbite is in the process.  Cool tool for repairs and was much quicker than adding fittings and flaring pipes.  Repair tech cost 200$ with parts in less than an hour and I went back to work happy to have heat again but hungry from no lunch or lunch money.

Shower time!

• Like 1