you think this was a Bad idea?

jjb4900

There is a reason there is a plaque at the top of Mt washington listing all the people who have died on the mountain.

maybe they should move it to the bottom so the less intelligent people who shouldn't be attempting it can realize the potential dangers beforehand...........

• Like 5

It was bad enough at a college open house on Sunday going between buildings and the drive to/from there in the Albany area.  Definitively not in her right-mind to hike in that weather. 

Would have expected those trails to be closed for the winter.

Some people just think they are invincible, or fail to plan for what they are getting into.  If extreme life-threatening conditions are expected, she should have bailed on the planned hike.

Two Track, on 17 Feb 2015 - 1:57 PM, said:

Would have expected those trails to be closed for the winter.

Some people just think they are invincible, or fail to plan for what they are getting into.  If extreme life-threatening conditions are expected, she should have bailed on the planned hike.

There are more than a few winter peak baggers that working for the North East 111 (115) or 48 in NH (peaks over 4000 ft). Seen some views from the top myself here and there during all seasons, although I'm not after all of them. Friend has been working on a winter solo round, think he's just under 100.

Presi traverse in winter ain't no joke.

Can't figure the planning either, or lack there of.....

With all due respects to the survivors and loved ones..

It sounds to me like one more dumb shit out of the gene pool..

I'm happy that the people who had to respond to the emergency were not killed or injured in thier attempt to save her stupid ass.

• Like 1

With all due respects to the survivors and loved ones..

It sounds to me like one more dumb shit out of the gene pool..

I'm happy that the people who had to respond to the emergency were not killed or injured in thier attempt to save her stupid ass.

Jeeez Dan, don't sugar coat, tell us how you really feel. ^_^

Thanks for posting such a good example of the futility of putting ones trust in "gadgets" and modern technology. Life on earth is fleeting, whether it be 1, 38, or 120 years. Most likely she got her act together with Jesus Christ and accepted his gifts of grace and salvation. They say there are: "no athiests in foxholes" and I would think that would hold true for mountaintops during Blizzards also. Now she can get on with the important, and forever part.

My brother is a rescue volunteer just a bit south of that area. I'm glad he didn't get the call to go looking for her in this weather because he would have gone, regardless of the risks. It's part of what he does.

You have to know exactly what you're doing in those elements, at all times. Either you know it or you don't. She didn't.