LIVE from the woods 2015 Edition! - Sixth Year Going Strong

burmjohn

Wind was awesome for my favorite stand this morning and is good for it again tonight. Two pesky fawns have been hanging out near my stand and I jump them nearly every time, getting annoying. They were the only deer I saw this morning. My buddy killed a nice buck this morning behind my house. 160 lb 8 point. He smelled awful and had a pretty swollen neck. Not sure on age, a good 2 or an avg 3, either way it was his biggest bow buck to date. Now I'm just hoping one shows up for me!

• Like 1

After a long track in 3n through some nasty stuff we bumped him. That was 5 hours after shot. He looked wobbly but pulled out. Sick day tomorrow. On the positive side he really really nice for this area and a hopeful first.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Do what Jeremy said about tucking legs up into antlers. 

Do you feel like you're going to throw up yet ? If not , it's as difficult as you think lol   He'll taste that much better after all your hard work. If there was snow a kids sled works well.

I found that idea once I got back to the car!

I didn't feel like I was going to throw up, but I was leap frogging the deer and my 40 lb load (climber, backpack , bow) and by the final hill I was so weak I could hardly get up it with the pack. I've not been this physically exhausted in years, the entire thing took 2.5 hours.

But! I had the deer near the car, slightly down to the side so people driving by who hate hunting don't have to see a dead deer, but some guy in a pick up caught it as he drove by and, as I'm sitting on the trunk of the car googling how to get a deer in the trunk of a car, he stops and we get it in there.

My son's buck.

Nice :)

I know he's not a monster but I couldn't be happier with him! Great feeling. 4th year into it and I love it!

:airkiss: 

Edited by Core
  • Like 1

Switched spots at 3. Snuck into island stand. Wasn't in the stand five minutes and shooter pops out to a bleat call. Fed in field for five minutes. Before heading for a scrape in the island. Pulled off a tricky shot. Managed to just clip both lungs. More in harvest thread.

8b69467b9d110513b2c29459acf36ebf.jpg

• Like 15

After a long track in 3n through some nasty stuff we bumped him. That was 5 hours after shot. He looked wobbly but pulled out. Sick day tomorrow. On the positive side he really really nice for this area and a hopeful first.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Good luck, public or private land?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yesterday I spooked a buck an my way in to my stand. Decent rack and a big body. He was about 20 yards from the tree I was going to relocate to so after he left I took the liberty of doing just that. Today I snuck in with the pole pruners and snipped a couple limbs. 4pm heard movement and saw a few bodies. One was a buck and he ended up chasing and let out a nice long grunt. This was a welcomed sight after the last few weeks. The parcel adjacent to the land I hunt was logged off and things have been.... different.

Sent from my SCH-S968C using Tapatalk