Looks like I've been taken...

jjb4900

I'm the same way in that if I'm not using something, I'd rather give it to somebody who will really appreciate it than just sell it to a guy who'll leave it unused in his basement for years or, if I put it on Craigslist cheap, is just looking for a "deal". In fact, I had a guy get something from me once nearly for free, then turn around and sell it for what it's worth.

Once it's out of your hands, you've got no say, and that sucks. It also sucks that there's people who are willing to take advantage of someone's generosity. Anymore, I've started giving my stuff to kids. They usually don't have the means to acquire all the toys, so it's gladly received. And they still have the time and energy to use them! And since I don't ask them for any $, I don't feel stiffed. Just a little bit of a glow when I think of the geese still being killed from the layout blind or fish caught with that trolling motor.

• Like 1

From his profile.... "Bow: looking to purchase my first one"  

He'll probably just make a new username. I would post his name and address. A lot of people have said that you get cash first before sending the item and that's a good way to operate. BUT, he could just as easily sell something on here and scam someone out of their cash, by demanding they pay first. 

He'll probably just make a new username. I would post his name and address. A lot of people have said that you get cash first before sending the item and that's a good way to operate. BUT, he could just as easily sell something on here and scam someone out of their cash, by demanding they pay first. 

Can a moderator block his IP address from creating a new account ?

That's true, but the only other option is to go through an established auction site that is going to skim some off the top, but will insure these transactions. I also think Paypal will insure fraudulent sales for the buyer, but it will cost 3% of the sales price to do it. Just a chance you take I suppose. Deal only with established members and make the risk you take an educated one.

Also, just so no one is confused, I still think this dude is a scumbag if he really is ripping someone off.

never shipped anything till i've been paid first. as far as ebay goes. not a fan of the huge cuts they take.

had nothing to do with making money on the bow, like I said previously if the guy had only been able to afford the shipping and made good on it, I would have been happy.....I certainly don't need the $ he said he would send me for the bow and my trouble....I'll probably do the same thing in the future, just be more careful that the recipient isn't a random visitor.

• Like 2

Funny how people are creatures of habit.

google the screen name and West Seneca.

28 years old. drives a jeep on the Jeep Forum. On the Erie County pistol permit board he applied for permit in 2010 (hope he got denied)..lol

RE pistol permit. It's Erie County.....he's still waiting and getting target/hunting at best

and that's crazy you came up with that info. Nice detective work sir !!

Edited by turkeyfeathers

ip blocks are good for most people, but all you need is a work computer, phone or even a vpn and you're around it. I doubt this guy is trying to get back in though.

pretty sure all devices he's logged in to this sight would/could be blocked from getting back in. I retired my Beeradvocate account and I can't get onto sight with phone ,home computer or work computer even to view. Says I'm banned from even looking without logging in.

Too bad when you screw over someone that was doing you a good deed. Shows a lot of class. Man up for once in your sorry life and pay up!

jjb4900, l and I'm sure, the vast majority of members here, commend you for your generosity, in trying to help a fellow hunter. That was an awesome thing do do. Please don't let this sour you from being the better man that you are!

• Like 7

pretty sure all devices he's logged in to this sight would/could be blocked from getting back in. I retired my Beeradvocate account and I can't get onto sight with phone ,home computer or work computer even to view. Says I'm banned from even looking without logging in.

i wont get in to a long thing about IP addresses, I'll just tell you that it's very easy to change your ip and even to randomize it. But for the general person, an IP block is a good tool.

• Like 2

If we banned his username, he wouldnt be able to log into it from anywhere, but he could view the site as a guest. An IP block would only block him if he was accessing directly from that particular ISP connection. You can change that pretty easy though.

BTW, I dont show the member Beeradvocate as ever being on the site. Its not in the banned list either.

If we banned his username, he wouldnt be able to log into it from anywhere, but he could view the site as a guest. An IP block would only block him if he was accessing directly from that particular ISP connection. You can change that pretty easy though.

BTW, I dont show the member Beeradvocate as ever being on the site. Its not in the banned list either.

I was referring to I was on another site :Beeradvocate ,retired account and can't even "view" anymore. Sorry , my bad in interpretation

• Like 1