Have you ever accidentally shot something?

ATbuckhunter

Well shooting my bow today, I guess I flinched and sent my arrow a few inches to the right of my target only to have my arrow go right into my garage door. Put a nice little hole in my garage door and messed up my arrow and in only have a couple left. Have any of you ever done something like this? 

Well shooting my bow today, I guess I flinched and sent my arrow a few inches to the right of my target only to have my arrow go right into my garage door. Put a nice little hole in my garage door and messed up my arrow and in only have a couple left. Have any of you ever done something like this? 

Nope, Absolutely not!! And you cannot prove that was my arrow in your pool..

• Like 6

Except for tree branches in the woods ,I can't recall any. My dad however told me a story about shooting at my uncles house and putting an arrow with broadhead through the backdoor of a 50s panel/delivery sedan that had been parked in the garage that some guy was gonna make a hot rod out of.

Perfect example of why backyard shooting in a neighborhood is a bad idea.

If someone has to do it, the only place for the target is against the shooter's own house.

• Like 2

I have a harrowing backyard tale I'll NEVER tell.

AFAIK, nobody was injured.  Could have been (damn good chance) property damage............statute of limitation should make me GTG.  :)

Approx. 33-34 years ago.  Go ahead, pull ALL the files in Erie County...........

• Like 1

only the ground.... i know a guy that rested his gun on the truck bed to take a shot at a deer.  shot across the bed of the pickup but the bullet never made it to the deer.  made it as far as the opposite side of the the pick up truck bed.  didn't account for the high scope mounts and lower bore.

My dad shot his dog years before I was born with his bow....was out shooting laid down behind target when he went to use bathroom came back out started shooting stuck thru target and hit dog...was ok with few stitches tho....another wierd story with that dog was a few months later dog got out (was a good coon dog) dad went looking for it found it tied out at someone's house so went to claim guy said not his and shove off dad showed him scar on side from where shot guy gave up...

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I dont think I even want to know why you were standing in front of a mirror in your bathroom shooting your bow. WTF comes to mind lmao.

I was young and wanted to see what it looked like to draw my bow. Needless to say curiosity nearly got me a major ass whoopin. Never did that again lol. Also got a new release that I trust a little more to not prematurely let loose

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Edited by The Jerkman
  • Like 1

I was young and wanted to see what it looked like to draw my bow. Needless to say curiosity nearly got me a major ass whoopin. Never did that again lol. Also got a new release that I trust a little more to not prematurely let loose

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Don't feel bad, Kid...

I suspect we ALL had problems with premature releases when we were younger....

• Like 7

Lucky for me the range is less than 2 miles away!  

Always draw on target, it's less movement for the deer to see!

I accidently shot my best friend with a pellet gun at about 300 yards while he was riding a bike, well it wasn't REALLY and accident.  I was young, I NEEDED THE MONEY!

Not gunna lie... I've had two "misfires" using my bow. Once at an archery range, and once in the stand.

The time in the stand, I drew back on a 6pt, then decided not to take it and let it grow.... Well I just tapped my release with my finger as I tried to put it behind the trigger to let down my draw.

The time at the range, I was being irresponsible/complacent and drew the bow back with my finger infront of the release trigger. Just a small nudge sent the arrow, luckily the bow was down range and near the target, but I lost that arrow to say the least.

It is important to note though that I use a Spot Hogg wiseguy release, and the trigger pull is seriously light. It just takes a little nudge to send it.