Atv riding trespassing vandals

Chef

I'll start from the beginning, today my friend is in his climber in the wood 40 yards off the atv trail that runs behind our place, not our land but have permission to be there. 4 atvs come screaming by headed right for our place, we know where they are headed because there is a tree down across the trail been there for months and the only way around is through our 30 acre lawn. He texts and my fiancé intersepts them mid law on the way to her blind. She explains that they are on private property and can't be here especially because we have a 400 yard active shooting range. They tell her they have permission from the land owner a obvious lie as we have had the place 15 years. Fast forward 2 hours I decide to sneak to our new blind at the top of the lawn that over looks a over grown field edge. There are atv tracks leading up to where it was.... No where to be found... I do a little searching and find it 20 yards into the field through a trampled path..... Guess they didn't like that we told them to stay off the property.... I am now going to place home made spike strips across the enterance to our lawn!

• Like 4

You might want to do some checking on your spike traps we all know its upsetting to have ATV's and trespassers but your posted signs will not cover you if they get hurt on your property by a device of your making.

its like the old saying locks only keep the honest people out!!

Good luck. I have fantasizes like that sometimes. I just don't have the guts to do it. I move trees into their paths.

. I'm having 2nd thoughts now that I'm calmer but trees will block my path as well maybe a gate with a heavy metal lock
  • Like 5

block all entrances with a heavy cable paint them bright orange and hang very bright flags off of them in the middle of that place a 4X4 post with a sign on it

I talked to a lawyer not long ago about some thing just like this and this is what he told me  

• Like 2

You have to watch your self. If one of these little pricks gets hurt, or even if their ATV's are damaged, because of your home made strips, you WILL be liable. Unfortunately. 

One of my favorite things to daydream about, is blatant trespassers meeting some untimely demise, while knowingly trespassing…...

That's not even close to being true. It's your call. I was just giving you a heads up.

so you are saying that If someone trespasses on heavily posted property and got hurt that they have the right to sue I highly doubt that

I'll start from the beginning, today my friend is in his climber in the wood 40 yards off the atv trail that runs behind our place, not our land but have permission to be there. 4 atvs come screaming by headed right for our place, we know where they are headed because there is a tree down across the trail been there for months and the only way around is through our 30 acre lawn. He texts and my fiancé intersepts them mid law on the way to her blind. She explains that they are on private property and can't be here especially because we have a 400 yard active shooting range. They tell her they have permission from the land owner a obvious lie as we have had the place 15 years. Fast forward 2 hours I decide to sneak to our new blind at the top of the lawn that over looks a over grown field edge. There are atv tracks leading up to where it was.... No where to be found... I do a little searching and find it 20 yards into the field through a trampled path..... Guess they didn't like that we told them to stay off the property.... I am now going to place home made spike strips across the enterance to our lawn!

Good luck with the lawsuit when when of them gets hurt.

Several people have already given you good advice, you would be wise to follow it. Remember too, you are not the actual landowner. You would not want to put the landowner at any risk as well as yourself from any type of lawsuit.

What a world. Every one cowers to the lawyers.. Grow a set. May the best lawyer win.

If it wasn't for lawyers then this would be a really simple case , drag him off the 4 wheeler and rough him up ( rough him up twice ,once for trespassing and once  for riding a 4 wheeler instead of a dirtbike )

• Like 2