Beer

Dom

22 hours ago, johnplav said:

Solid sampler 

B69CCAEA-89F3-4021-950E-267FD878C2D6.jpeg

Well the Syracuse Costco does not have the Clown Shoes beer sampler.  They had a Stone Brewery Sampler for $30, so she got that instead.  I’ll suffer through I guess.  

15 minutes ago, Otto said:

Well the Syracuse Costco does not have the Clown Shoes beer sampler.  They had a Stone Brewery Sampler for $30, so she got that instead.  I’ll suffer through I guess.  

That’ll do.  We’ve had Stone assorted 24 pack from there a few times, that’s a strong case. 

Edited by johnplav
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, johnplav said:

That’ll do.  We’ve had Stone assorted 24 pack from there a few times, that’s a strong case. 

I have been going to a local craft store and picking out my own 24 beers usually runs me ~$100.   Last time I got a pre-selected 24 pack for $35, it was pretty good, but a few too many sours and a couple of seltzer’s mixed in, which are not my favorites.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, diplomat019 said:

@turkeyfeathers  how did you set up your beer trade?   Personal acquaintance or do you have a beer group? 

A friend picked up from Mortalis as we often grab for each other when someone can’t go. I have been trading a lot though. Mortalis enthusiast group on FB.  Just shipped a $22 bottle of barrel aged Mortalis stout for a bottle of Wellers antique 107 bourbon. Even up. I won that trade huge ! 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

A friend picked up from Mortalis as we often grab for each other when someone can’t go. I have been trading a lot though. Mortalis enthusiast group on FB.  Just shipped a $22 bottle of barrel aged Mortalis stout for a bottle of Wellers antique 107 bourbon. Even up. I won that trade huge ! 

I need to get on social media.  I keep thinking about that toasted almond stout. 

• Like 1

@turkeyfeathers special tonight. While trimming up a third deer. Mortalis Milk of the Gods Milkshake IPA - blackberry currant and blackberry pie. You can taste the blackberries and get some buttery pie crust flavor on there too.
b770c4876e9ddb5ee158f65fffc335d8.jpg

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

• Like 2

In collaboration with J. Wakefield Brewing, Affogato Imperial Stout is inspired by a few of our brewers' favorite summertime pick-me-up (& cool-me-down) Barrington's affogato. Our Affogato Imperial Stout is delectable, decadent, and smooth. Brewed with a blend of Barrington & Mostra beans, Affogato leads with aromas reminiscent of Vietnamese Iced Coffee (cà phê đá) - powerful course ground dark roast coffee poured over sweetened condensed milk & ice. Flavors of dark espresso, tiramisu, sweet chocolate cake, and smooth vanilla swirl across the pallet. Rich flavor & a dark, inviting appearance, Affogato Imperial Stout is our answer to a sweet summertime treat.

5C8AB85D-7C54-4F91-9680-AC841F772D34.jpeg

• Like 4