Christmas Tree Question.......

Lawdwaz

We had real trees for a number of years and have been using an artificial now for probably 12-14 years.  You know, the kind you put together, hang lights & ornaments then plug in.

My question is; at what point is it OK to get one of those fold-up. pre-lit and non-removable installed ornaments?

Are the determining factors: Age, Dexterity or Scrooge-ism levels?

Thanks in advance for the favor of a reply. :)

My wife has always liked the Christmas trees . We used to have a fake tree ( our JB Hunter Tree ) . Then about 5 years ago we got a real one and that was it . Real from then on . This year she said to hell with that . Since we are almost the only ones to see the tree , why bother . So she decorated the house and outside with lights and a ton of Poinsettias .  This will be the 1st time without a tree since we have been married ( 53 years ) . 

• Like 2

My question is; at what point is it OK to get one of those fold-up. pre-lit and non-removable installed ornaments?

At the point where your wife doesn't make your life a living hell over it.   I still have to hike into the field, cut down  a tree, drag it out like a deer, get it home and level it with a chain saw, drag it in the house, get it to stand straight in the tree stand, trim the top and then clean up all the mess, all while the wife watches and criticizes my every move.  When my kids were little it was fun. Now they couldn't car less. 

The wife has been asking about getting a tree for a week now and Im freaking dodging her!!!!…..

• Like 3

ants, on 08 Dec 2015 - 6:40 PM, said:

At the point where your wife doesn't make your life a living hell over it.   I still have to hike into the field, cut down  a tree, drag it out like a deer, get it home and level it with a chain saw, drag it in the house, get it to stand straight in the tree stand, trim the top and then clean up all the mess, all while the wife watches and criticizes my every move.  When my kids were little it was fun. Now they couldn't car less. 

The wife has been asking about getting a tree for a week now and Im freaking dodging her!!!!…..

I used to feel your pain... My wife was/is the same way..

Fortunately I divorced her 10 years ago....  << big SMILE>>...

• Like 2

Have a 3 ft tree all decorated and ready in a 55 gallon rubber maid garbage can, take off top and lift out, place back in and put on top, put back in shed.

Somehow my friend decorated an 8ft tree he leaves up year round, told his wife if you want it down take it down but you put it back up next year... been up in the back sun room for 5 years now...

• Like 1