Big AZZ rubs...

wooly

Lets see some of the sign that gets you all excited about next season.
I've got a ton of pics like this, but never had any use for them other than gawking over myself.
Found this one today that got me thinking about the topic.

The view from the front isn't too uncommon here, but the wrap-around 2'nd pic got me all buzzed up, and it was almost identical on the other side!

DSC_0331_zpsl3qlge0q.jpg

DSC_0332_zpsqxrwu3bn.jpg

• Like 8

Haven't been out much. Did give a friend a tour of my small property near beans behind the house. Showing him what I did and planned on doing for habitat stuff. We walked up on this rub. Seen bigger but don't have pictures. This was almost end of the season and I have good reason to believe he's still running. Notice the tine marks high above the main rub area where he was rubbing with his bases.

1791eda722977b2d1c6cbf5f463a0f7e.jpg

• Like 1

Nice.....that ain't no spiker working that tree!!

Now the more I analyze the picture I have posted here.., the more I think it was hit on two separate occasions by the barks coloration.

I know all about the "sign post rub" and all of that crap, but this one doesn't fit into that into that category IMO.

Right on a heavily traveled trail, but not exactly a territorial magnet tree.

It was in a no-hunting park, so really no big deal other than looking for the suckers antlers.

Now the more I analyze the picture I have posted here.., the more I think it was hit on two separate occasions by the barks coloration.

I know all about the "sign post rub" and all of that crap, but this one doesn't fit into that into that category IMO.

Right on a heavily traveled trail, but not exactly a territorial magnet tree.

It was in a no-hunting park, so really no big deal other than looking for the suckers antlers.

Doubt it was a sign post rub based on the fact that this year is the first year it was rubbed. Maybe it is turning into one, but maybe not.

Love seeing the trees with old rubs opened up year after year.

Lets see some of the sign that gets you all excited about next season.

I've got a ton of pics like this, but never had any use for them other than gawking over myself.

Found this one today that got me thinking about the topic.

The view from the front isn't too uncommon here, but the wrap-around 2'nd pic got me all buzzed up, and it was almost identical on the other side!

DSC_0331_zpsl3qlge0q.jpg

DSC_0332_zpsqxrwu3bn.jpg

post-2567-0-88238900-1458746196_thumb.jp

• Like 1

you guys are lucky ! They're all leaving nice guns, bows , backpacks and hats behind after gnarling up them trees The rubs I find never have fun stuff like that

Years back I shot a buck with my ML, it was on the edge of very thick brush. It was a hard track and I stated to lose light, to make moving through the brush easier I leaned the ML against a tree and continued on with my .357.

Finally found the buck and got turned around, dragged it north instead of east..... Returning to find the gun turned out even harder, almost left without it......

• Like 2