Gotta start carrying ............

fasteddie

Ya can't see any wolf genes in that picture...lol..

On the carrying note...Mr B has strict orders.... I can only go down to the chicken coop during the day without carrying...mornings / evenings...I have to be in the Gator and with a weapon....Our first bear attack on the coop...found their 30 gal tin feed Can, that had 50#'s of feed in it, 70yrds up on the neighbors dented chewed and missing the feed...they ripped it off the side of the coop then chewed every gallon milk jug I had stored down there for water and ripped off part of the lattice on the out side run...I'm not expecting they'll be laying well for a while...lol

It looks like he definately wants to eat your rotting carcass so by all means pack away !

Good luck poaching his azz! :secret: 

Almost guaranteed you will never see that dog during daylight bumbling around checking cams....

• Like 2

Not a coyote fan as most but there "is" a season here in NYS. He/she ain't going to attack you Until season is open they get a free pass by me. This was one of the few turkey seasons I didn't call one in. I just sit there , grind teeth and hope I see them again when it's open.

Off my soapbox

And I carry 24/7. More for family than critters

Edited by turkeyfeathers
  • Like 2

The Mermaid and I both carry when up on the property...We have eyeballs and picts of at least two mama bears with cubs, one with 2 one with 3 on the 100 acres..  Ya never know..

FAR more likely though is that the ordinance might be used on a sick coon (distemper) or a sick red fox.(mange)... I have dispatched a few of each over the years..

Coyotes ?   Better be slinging a long gun....I have killed a half dozen over the years and have seen a couple dozen more, but I never saw one that even John Wayne would have a decent chance to kill with a handgun.... Pilgrim......<<grin>>....

• Like 1

The Mermaid and I both carry when up on the property...We have eyeballs and picts of at least two mama bears with cubs, one with 2 one with 3 on the 100 acres.. Ya never know..

FAR more likely though is that the ordinance might be used on a sick coon (distemper) or a sick red fox.(mange)... I have dispatched a few of each over the years..

Coyotes ? Better be slinging a long gun....I have killed a half dozen over the years and have seen a couple dozen more, but I never saw one that even John Wayne would have a decent chance to kill with a handgun.... Pilgrim......<<grin>>....

My parents had a sick fox attack neighbors dog ...dad said it was a hell of a fight humane society came and put out..still never heard what it was but dad said clearly sick

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

So when did hunters become such pussies?

When they started seeing what roams around in the dark the next day on their cams or WHAT?

SERIOUSLY, how many here can say they've ever felt threatened by a yote?

I'm not talking about being skeered by their yips and yaps 100 yards away.

I mean full blown stand offs where the only course of action would have been to shoot the beast or become lunch for the pack.

I doubt too many..... if ANY!

• Like 1

Ah, Deliverance, my favorite romantic comedy...

" Take down them PANTIES, Boy ! "

" He shore do have a PURTY mouth.."

Poor Ned Beatty... Any role he played after Deliverance, all I could think of was him squealing like a pig...

Kinda like the guy who played the psycho in the first Dirty Harry movie...Any time I saw him on film after that I could never picture him as anything but a psycho..

• Like 1

3 or 4 years ago I had just got done planting a food plot in an area I cleared in section of pines and thickets.  I tilled, seeded and rolled it..   A couple hours later I went to put a camera up where I had planted to see what was moving thru.  It had not rained in days and the ground was bone dry...   As I was walking thru the freshly planted plot I noticed a wet spot near where I wanted to put the cam (something had recently urinated there)...   All of a sudden I got that feeling that I was being watch...   I looked over my left shoulder and there was a coyote standing just off the plot looking at me....   The hair stood up on my arms..   We starred at each other for what seemed like 30 seconds and then he slowly disappeared into the thicket.

I know carry almost every time I check cams....   Just makes me feel more comfortable..

Edited by t_barb

" No, I can't tell you about it....But don't mind my gun by the bed...

I feel kinda NEKKID without it, and it eases the fears in my head "

From the song " Tequila Sheila", by Bobby Bare, one of my favorite country singers....

So when did hunters become such pussies?

When they started seeing what roams around in the dark the next day on their cams or WHAT?

I'm not talking about being skeered by their yips and yaps 100 yards away.

I mean full blown stand offs where the only course of action would have been to shoot the beast or become lunch for the pack.

I doubt too many..... if ANY!

If having 3 come in on ya while you had a flashlight in your mouth and your arms elbow deep in a late day muzzleloader kill i would say yes  One showing the snarl and teeth. They did run off into a field until we finished only for us to watch them go back to the pile after we cleared the area. Had a couple corner our little mixed breed dog against the back sliding doors one morning after being let out. When their numbers get high they can get a tad brazen.  When a chance comes it is taken. Regardless.

Is it likely? ....... Probably not. Is it possible? ...... http://www.cnn.com/2009/SHOWBIZ/Music/10/29/canada.singer.killed/

By the way, has anyone ever heard of coyotes getting rabies? I haven't, but I wonder when the woods is full of canines, is a rabies outbreak in the coyote population possible? Some of those puppies get pretty big, and are probably something I wouldn't want to have to wrestle with.

I'm staying out of this one Paula...Ya know no pictures it never happened...Just like the dozen other guys over the years that have mentioned encounters with them .....Like FSW said...... just have your self elbow deep in deer guts to look up and see your surrounded buy glowing eyes  and see how safe you feel without a weapon. I'll tell ya not very much.

• Like 1

Is the top photograph a picture of a bobcat or are my eyes playing tricks on me ? The head is a little blurry to me to positively identify it as a coyote. Of all the coyote pictures on my trail camera's , I dont ever remember one sitting down. Pretty cool pictures just the same.