Ever Hide Something Then CAN'T Find It?

Lawdwaz

Damn..........I had a new boat cover made and was going to get it tonight.  I had just enough cash stashed in a hiding place and couldn't find it when I looked for it.

I typically don't handle much cash but had some set aside for this deal.  Well, I had to scarf some from my wife then head to the bank for the remainder.  Went and picked up the boat and paid my bill but my gut has been all twisted up for the last few hours, thinking I spent the money or it was lost in some dumb azz hiding spot, never to be found again. :(

I found it a few minutes ago.............I'm not loosing my mind yet. :)

Oh yea, the cover looks to be just fine!

• Like 4

I put stuff in a safe place and then forget where the safe place is .........

When I go on vacation , i stash my check books , car keys , safe keys and a few other things away . I write down what and where and make an extra copy . That sure helps . 

• Like 1

I lost a trail cam that I couldn't remember where I put it and actually forgot I even owned it until I stumbled on it and remembered about it.

Ha!

I had a GREAT spot to hang a trail camera that I found last year.  For the life of me I couldn't find that "one" tree when I put my cams out a month ago.  Pizz me off.................... :)

Ha ha Eddie I get it . My wife worked at a safe company, they had $800 gun safes marked down to $100 , employees only could buy them.

I bought 12 of them for friends , they paid me ,my wife had to write the check .

About a year later we found an envelope with $1,200 in our hutch .......

in all honesty just earlier this year i had a special hard to find magazine tube plug screw that i ordered from Numrich for a Winchester Model '94 30-30 family heirloom.  I hid it folded in the receipt in one of the pockets on my safe door.  while later I felt like stripping the gun down and installing that screw to replace a cobbed up chrome one my brother put in it.  looked and looked for a couple hours for it.  even looked right at the receipt in the door and said to myself "yep. there's the receipt but where's the damn screw."

I once had to practically ransack my place looking for my sunglasses that I had propped on the top of my head.

Passwords is another annoying thing I keep forgetting and then have to call customer service to reset.

Edited by Elmo

I bought a cheap Black & Decker table saw many many years ago . The on - off switch was kinda like a clothes pin the way it came out . Pull out - on . Push in - off . Squeeze it and pull out and the switch key comes completely out to child proof the operation . It stated for safety when not using take the switch key out and put it where a child won't be able to get at it .

I put it in a safe place and forgot where . I was able to switch the saw on and plugged it into one of the power strips . I was able to turn the saw on and off with this . About 8 years later I was getting rid of stuff in the garage . Came across an old jacket to toss . Checked the pockets and there was the damned original switch . But ..... it was in a safe place ! 

• Like 2

All the time!! I put stuff in a safe place.....even safe from me!! Eddie I did the same thing with a scroll saw key.....spent two years turning it on and off with a screwdriver until I stumbled across the key in a "safe" spot!

hahaha...it's called "moms safe place" at our house..Which means it's safe from me too!

usually money or lottery scratch off winners and my hunting tags...I have discovered 50 and 100 dollar bills from Christmas cards or birthday cards past...and purchased turkey tags ,then found the old ones....It's hereditary I believe...my mom had "safe places " too... :cheese: