Your handle/Screen name

Pygmy

How did you pick your screen name....??..

Some, such as WNYBuckhunter, seem pretty straightforward and descriptive...Others are less so, like Lawdwaz.....

I picked PYGMY because RUNT, SHORTY and MIDGET were already taken...

JUST KIDDING.... ;D ......

Actually I was given the nickname " Pygmy" years ago by a hunting buddy of mine, whom I affectionately refer to as " Fungus Face"... It was because  at 5'5" , I am "vertically challenged"...

We were hunting in Alaska for moose and caribou..When I was packing heavy loads of moosemeat on my back, he called me "The Packin' Pygmy"...

Then , when I gassed out the tent after EATING moosemeat for a week, he called me " The Stinkin' Pygmy".... ??? ...

A few years later when I began posting on internet forums like this one, "Pygmy"  just seemed like a descriptive, distinctive and simple handle, so I  have been using it ever since...

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

haha Thats really funny!  I choose mine cause its silly, and I like shooting does. My brother has accused me off killing every thing that came by me with my bow, because I did for a long strecth and most of them were Doe. Good thing I don't shoot fawns, my name would have to be fawnwhacker, that sounds consideribly more offensive.

haha Thats really funny!  I choose mine cause its silly, and I like shooting does. My brother has accused me off killing every thing that came by me with my bow, because I did for a long strecth and most of them were Doe. Good thing I don't shoot fawns, my name would have to be fawnwhacker, that sounds consideribly more offensive.

Good thing there wasn't an enimal called a "Tallie" that you were hunting......you would be talleywacker

Mine is just becasue we needed a "club" name for the leas my father and I have.....and you guessed it....it is near Culver Creek

Got mine on the jobsite years ago from my co-workers.

All my thick wool winter layers made it look like I weighed 100lbs more than I did so the guys started calling me woolybear...like the catterpiller. Skinny little chit under all that insulation but I never complained about the cold the way the guys in their carhardts did. ;)

The nickname stuck with me year round in and out of work after that and I don't think half the new guys that came along knew my real name.

I use woolybear on some forums but most just call me wooly for short anymore so I stick with that as my handle now. ;D

I was tagged with the nick name bubba back in third or fourth grade.  More people address me by that than they do my given name which is Bob.  Most of my neices and nephews call me uncle bubba.  My other user name has been nnydeerhnter. Northern new york deer hunter. 

Mine nickname and business name.

I have more people that know me by BPB than my real name. When I call people who I've known for years and tell them it's Bill and use my last name they don't know me.

I'd sit in meetings, introduce myself using my real name. The meeting would start and at least one person would be reading/quoting something I had written.

The round table of opinions would start and they'd get to me and I'd agree with the letter and some short explanation. The few who did know who I was would start laughing and then one of them would introduce me as BlackPowderBill.

It sure makes a few people take notice that maybe they should get to know who's at the table before the meeting starts.

It use to be really funny when I'd slip into animal rights meetings & quote from AR books. Till they found out who I was~some of them would flip out & leave the meeting.

LOL

How did you pick your screen name....??..

Some, such as WNYBuckhunter, seem pretty straightforward and descriptive...Others are less so, like Lawdwaz.....

I picked PYGMY because RUNT, SHORTY and MIDGET were already taken...

JUST KIDDING.... ;D ......

Actually I was given the nickname " Pygmy" years ago by a hunting buddy of mine, whom I affectionately refer to as " Fungus Face"... It was because  at 5'5" , I am "vertically challenged"...

We were hunting in Alaska for moose and caribou..When I was packing heavy loads of moosemeat on my back, he called me "The Packin' Pygmy"...

Then , when I gassed out the tent after EATING moosemeat for a week, he called me " The Stinkin' Pygmy".... ??? ...

A few years later when I began posting on internet forums like this one, "Pygmy"  just seemed like a descriptive, distinctive and simple handle, so I  have been using it ever since...

Since Pygmy was already taken I came up with Lawdwaz ;D

Only joshing you.....Lawdwaz is a name that my father came up with when I was just a little shaver.  My full first name is Lawrence, not sure where the rest came from but regardless it is just a part of me from my dad.

I use it on other boards and EBay hence the reason I TRY and be such a nice guy becasue I'd be easy to track down!  It's to late to come up with something cute and witty ;)

Larry

My name is an acronym for a secret message. That none of you will ever figure out.

I googled it and some video about Capt. Kirk and Spock being gay came up...I am done guessing...LOL

Captain Kirk and Spock are rump rangers...??...

Damn...There goes a couple more of my childhood heros shot to hell...

I'm still bummed out over Rock Hudson and Jim Nabors....

I suppose it could explain how Spock got those EARS, tho.... ??? ....