LIVE from the woods 2016 Edition! - 7th Year, lets make this happen...

burmjohn

18 minutes ago, Fletch said:

I'm thinking bacon and eggs at the house beats this barren watch this morning! Not even a squirrel. Days like this threaten the existence of the next young buck that goes by me!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I feel you. my brother just talked me out of brown it's down

I hear crash smash out to my right and get excited thinking running deer. Nope some big ass bird was trying to get a squirrel. Branches breaking and falling to ground, squirrel just going off and the bird chugging through the trees. I could not get a good look but man it had real white tail feathers. 10:30 I think I'm tapping out.

• Like 2

The wind helped me get to the blind  without spooking anything...but it also caused me to have to go the very long way then double back... I had a single fawn then twin fawns ..a bit later a spiker. then a doe(@#$$^^%) starts to come in up wind of the blind...75 yrds out and she gets spooky looking at the blind then runs like the wind for the neighbors swamp taking a fawn with her. Of course not long after that my constitution kicked in.. so I grabbed garden cam cards on the way in..Here I sit typing to you having just came in and I was here yesterday to,about the same time...hhmmm I may forego the early morning sits and sleep in a bit..then go sit..I can't do any worse than I have been doing

PICT0001 (11).JPG

Dang blades are sharp...switching to the release bold I some how managed to cut my index and ring finger and didn't notice it until and hour later when they started to bleed and sting...I.d been washing dishes...

Any ways just took my bobbin head decoy over,all covered up ...All I have to do is sink the feet and attach his head in the morning...hitting another new set tonight to see whats what Will be out in a little bit.

At this morning on a new piece of land and had a beautiful 6 come in down wind. Was deff spooled cause of this sloppy wind. An hour back and forth of some light grunting rattling until he finally walked away. Closest he came was 60 yards.

Just got food and came to location #1 to see if i can put some bone on the ground / surf in this damn tree. Last few days have seen alot of activity. Safe to say its on in Westchester

• Like 1

imageproxy.php?img=http%3A%2F%2Fuploads.tapatalk-cdn.com%2F20161106%2F6f499ad71460514a1c2e6f1e83ec350c.jpg&key=cfaddbb24492cc1510b9985d9fc695071fa7c97e006f6fa6c98c7466e4fbf556
This guy came in around 9:20...and his fate was sealed with a 4 blade muzzy at 10 yards....double lung...40 yards and watched it fall 39 yards later!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Congrats!

Turned out to be an interesting morning.  Had a 120s class 8 (very big) come in downwind of me.  Pushing a spike out of thick stuff. Sure enough, he winds me and heads away from me towards line where neighbor that I do not know yet is sitting. Clear line of site.  Buck stays on our property looking around for 10min.  I am wondering if neighbor is not shooting because the buck is on our land.  I start trying to waive to him to go ahead and shoot this beauty.  No response.  Watching the whole thing through binoculars at 100 yards.  Buck finally starts heading straight down property line which is divided by a creek.  Then takes off at a trot.   The whole time I feel bad because I never saw neighbor shoot.  I then see him getting down from stand.  I decided to get down and introduce myself.

turns out to be a 14 year old shaking like a leaf.  I ask why he didn't shoot.  He says I did and I think I hit him.  I then mention the buck was on our side of creek.  His eyes are huge and doesn't know what to say.  I tell him no worries as I was hoping he got it.  He asks to go get his dad while I wait.  I find the arrow and he returns with dad who was very appreciative.  Find a fair blood trail and we agree to back out since we both know where it likely is and no point in rushing.  I end up being invited to meet whole family.  Yada yada very nice people and I am pretty sure this young man killed a near pope and young buck.  They are going back at 2pm to track and I expect a photo.  Very happy for the young kid even if he shot 30yds into our land.  

Then I head back to truck to see two deer racing like heck from across road where my buddy is sitting.   Sure enough, he shot a nice 8 and I just saw the aftermath.  Great shot and we recovered buck within 70yds.  

Jusy need the pic of the young man with his trophy and it will be a perfect morning. 

Sitting in stand again with no intention of picking up my bow.  Gotta love it.  

Edited by moog5050
  • Like 22