Hope I Stay With It

DirtTime

Just used the last of my tobacco for ciggies. Not buying anymore, I really want to stop smoking again. Mind over matter. Cold turkey is hard, but I did it before, I can do it again! OH, for the super health conscious, please don't post stats on what tobacco does to the body, don't bother. I know.

• Like 6

Just used the last of my tobacco for ciggies. Not buying anymore, I really want to stop smoking again. Mind over matter. Cold turkey is hard, but I did it before, I can do it again! OH, for the super health conscious, please don't post stats on what tobacco does to the body, don't bother. I know.

I will be joining you Oct 1 deer season and surgery should help me. Also going cold turkey I've done it many times but work always brings me back as break time habbits....good luck we can do it

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

• Like 3

I quit on 2/18/08. Of course it took a stroke to finally provide enough motivation. Yup, full recovery on the stroke, but it did scare the hell out of me. But I have to say that there are time even now when I would like to light up. I have heard some other ex-smokers say the same thing.

I smoked my last one back in January, cold turkey and so far zero problems or cravings........you can do it. In the beginning I replaced it by drinking ungodly amounts of water and coffee to replace the need to do something, but eventually I reduced the coffee intake and now I'm even down to one or two cups of that a day as well.

• Like 1

I say give it your best shot before you start sucking some other substance into your lungs to replace it........nothing you can't do if you really want......toughest part is if having a drink brings the craving on, it was with me so I gave that up too. I lost about 30 pounds and feel great because of it.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

18 years for me and I still dream about cigarettes. For me once I had a streak of a few days going I wanted to keep it going

Either with car windows open or on motorcycle you can smell cigarettes. Sometimes they smell good and sometimes not. I quit six years ago and sill want one. 

I would love to sit out back with my morning coffee and have a Marlboro. 

Oh boy

15 years for me and dont miss it one bit. Used a friends car last week that smokes and it smelled like an ashtray, nasty.. Be strong Rob, just keep telling yourself its for your best interest/health to quit. I quit cold turkey approx. 15 years ago the day after i buried  a good friend of the family who was a heavy smoker and died from cancer.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jjb4900 said:

I say give it your best shot before you start sucking some other substance into your lungs to replace it........nothing you can't do if you really want......toughest part is if having a drink brings the craving on, it was with me so I gave that up too. I lost about 30 pounds and feel great because of it.

I won't go the vaping route. IMO you are still putting crap in your lungs. Sucking mist into your lungs can't be very good for you either.

Actually, I just had a couple beers, and it didn't bother me.

4 minutes ago, NFA-ADK said:

I am with you, have to do it for the season and most of all my health, dam bad habit makes us stink, literally. 

Gotta want to quit, i did it for my family and my health. Be strong, keep telling yourself why your quitting and dont look back. You gotta hate it with a passion to quit, if that makes any sense. Gotta make those cigs your worst enemy. Its a mind game, thats all it is.

• Like 3