Dad's Top 12 Whitetails

BizCT

At my parents house for the night. Doing some e calling for furbearers in the morning.

My dad has a wall with a bunch of bucks he shot over the years. He starting going opening day of gun season when he was 13 to watch his dad and hasn't missed an opening day ever. This year will be his 50th straight. He Never bowhunted, but now xbow hunts since I got him into it last year. Anyway, thought it would be cool to post some of his better whitetails, so here's the top 12 in my opinion.

They are all NY deer except for the one Texas 8pt. 2 from Catskills state land years ago and the rest here from 3N. Nothing record books, but many respectable ones for our area (Putnam County).

7d7529e3bc79e45cd0ac5e91f4d51ca9.jpg

e094978faaac5551a3a2d16fe8a1a798.jpg

7515a66329cfe17c438a356b02339fe5.jpg

55bf0813d34f40e4ac9c3405b9f2d782.jpg

fa885a2e9f89e7a3c576c4e5460b3fe7.jpg

cb29cd5a93ae2f149bbc334c202e1dd6.jpg

e651903f5709f098e6c17a843a96e3b9.jpg

d16cd73cf449f2e1f2a7f61a0678270c.jpg

0a4979469bf253e0f3a98b347da50695.jpg

fc21b6c98eaa24516dbd166bdbac7e6c.jpg

19c2c9b208b74fe38738224f2c5c46f1.jpg

c9def7dccd087e0879a6d172c84f84d4.jpg

56b7b306ee779eeef05b425264689b26.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 12

Nice bucks!

My ol' man is almost 80 and I can honestly say I don't remember him ever killing anything bigger than a basket 6pt once in a while. I'm not even sure what he ever did with all those racks since then. Even as I got into hunting and tried to get him after a larger buck, he was never interested in any of that.

There was NEVER any shortage of doe and fawns hanging from the meat pole by him and his buddys over all that time that's for sure!

Come to think of it, he never even ate deer meat but the rest of our family did.

• Like 1

My Dad.... "Antlers are just carry handles for lazy people, and they don't  taste as good as the rest of the deer any way."

"Well, it was a twelve point until I shot the other half off to keep it from gettin' away." He's eighty years old and still with us, God bless him. I really want to take him hunting again, but Mom won't let me give him a gun. :-]She just  mumbled something about "only getting one chance".?

Edited by philoshop
  • Like 2

Good stuff bizzy, your pops looks like a pretty happy guy.  Do you have any siblings??
My father will be 77 in December. He hasn't killed as many nice bucks or bucks in general as your father but he's had a good time, no doubt.

Yea. I got 1 brother.

Good stuff bizzy, your pops looks like a pretty happy guy.  Do you have any siblings??
My father will be 77 in December. He hasn't killed as many nice bucks or bucks in general as your father but he's had a good time, no doubt.

Yea. I got 1 brother.

Nice post and nice bucks, Biz....

I haven't missed opening day in 52 years, but your Dad sure has me beat on bucks !

My Old Man was not much of a deer hunter.  Although I know he killed a few in his younger years, I  never remember him bringing home a deer.  He would much rather hunt rabbits or his favorite, coon...  Actually, so would I...I guess the nut doesn't fall very far....

Your Dad has a lifetime love and passion for hunting whitetails! And it shows! Some great bucks there! Biz,the greatest trophy you will ever take from the deer woods. Is the time you have spent with your father, making life long memories. You are a lucky man.

Very Nice. Was shocks me is that you never took it on as deep? My pop's bought us a camp up at Barney Pond in South Colton area in the 70's and its been ba!!s to the wall whitetail ever since for me. I hear you say you only kinda do the weekend thing and rather spend Sunday watching football or golfing. Not knocking in any way as each has their own route to take but it looks like your pop's was to the wall ever since a young man and has not lost the whitetail drive.

Maybe now with the new land you will be vested a bit more but either way pretty cool to have all those pics for your later days!

Some pretty nice racks there any of those from public land?

The Catskills ones were public state forests.

The 3N ones are either DEP public land or private 8 acres we used to have access to that bordered a hunting club, so not exactly private lol

My favorite is the 8th picture with the 6point. Hes wearing a tie and the deer doesn't look gutted yet. Theres got to be a story there?

He always took 1st week off from work for gun season. After 1st week he would every single morning for first 30-45 minutes then go straight to work. The 6 was on 12/6/93 my brothers 6th bday on December 6 lol.