Hunting superstition

Trigger518

Anybody have any "superstitions" that give you confidence? Heres mine, when golden earings, bullet hits the bone comes on pix 106.5 FM the night before a hunt someone in the hunting party kills one its like it never fails, but it has to come on naturally the night before, on that station before midnight, then I know its on.

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I used to have this rock I sat behind on opening day of rifle season.  It was on a high spot overlooking about 30 acres of hay field.  There was a couple times that I saw shooting stars before sunrise, and then shot a buck. When I got older, I realized that if I looked hard enough, I would see a shooting star almost any morning.  Not a pattern.  Those were good times though.  That land got sold and I can't hunt it any more.  I do have the memories of being a teenager on opening morning, watching the sun change the landscape, keeping an eye out for deer and shooting stars.  Quite a feeling.

i always chamber the first round by hand. Makes me more confident knowing it'll be a little more accurate and a good luck charm. Now to knock on wood because I've gone 9 years without getting skunked in gun season. Not so lucky with bow or muzzle-loader seasons though. Still need to figure out a lucky charm for those.

Never have loose change in my pocket. Crank up November Rain on the way to property. Sleep with socks on, the night before a hunt. Pick out the "lucky" hat for that day, I have one over 25 years old. Heading in, being part Native American, I stop to say a silent prayer to the "hunting spirits".  Me? Superstitious ??????.........

• Like 3

Not any superstitions but I have killed all my deer but one when I wasn't sitting on the couch, so I guess I try not to hunt from the couch as much as possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I want to hear the story about the one you killed from the couch

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

• Like 4

I want to hear the story about the one you killed from the couch

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Not much of a story sitting on couch at camp after lunch looked out window and there was a buck 50yds from camp. Cracked the window and dropped him. It was a funny story but certainly didn't make me proud and I'll never do it again.

17 minutes ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

Not much of a story sitting on couch at camp after lunch looked out window and there was a buck 50yds from camp. Cracked the window and dropped him. It was a funny story but certainly didn't make me proud and I'll never do it again.

Buddy shot a bunny while sitting on the dumper. Forgot to have barrel fully extended out the bathroom window. His ears rang for days with the .17. Then again he also shot a big doe from his garage wearing only boxers in near zero temps. He remembered this time to have 12 gauge barrel outside the door. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Tughill Tamer said:

When I harvest a deer I like to keep the empty brass in my hunting pants for good luck on future hunts

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Thank goodness I carry my ml during regular season and shoot almost all my deer with it. Spent primers are light lol 

• Like 1

Thank goodness I carry my ml during regular season and shoot almost all my deer with it. Spent primers are light lol 

Good point turkeyfeathers, I guess I need to bust out my muzzleloader more often, I guess it's a good thing then that I haven't harvested anything with my bow yet lol

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, Elmo said:

Isn't it illegal to shoot out of a home or something?

You can not shoot within 500 feet of a building unless you own it or have permission from the owner.  That might give the folks who don't get along with their neighbors some issues.   I have shot one deer, a red fox, several coyotes, a rabbit, a raccoon, and too many woodchucks and crows to count, out of my bedroom window.   It is really no different, from a legal standpoint, than a big, climate-controlled ground blind.   

I have no superstitions, but have never wanted for venison as long as I made an honest effort to keep things right with my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.  That basically comes down to 4 things: 1) Read the Bible every day 2) Pray every day 2) Take the family to Church on Sunday's 4) Do good stuff for others, expecting nothing in return.  The more I do that, the "luckier" I get.   There is no surprise there since it say's right in the Bible that He knows where every sparrow falls.  What chance does a deer have?