Card pull - silly young deer having fun?

That's one smart deer...see's the hunting blind at the end of lane way and starts practicing it's dodging bullet maneuvers early... He'll be one dodgy critter by fall:wink:

Seriously though...if your black flies are anything like ours right now...I know exactly how he feels

Edited by growalot
  • Like 1

I have watched young deer doing that. And it is usually is in the spring. I think its some version of spring fever. They just run around all squirrelly and goofy, just feeling good. Sometimes I feel like doing that......... but I can't anymore ....lol.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Bumping this to add;

Pulled this same camera card and had 6 more sets of pics with this deer acting exactly the same way. On Saturday, I was switching spots and had to walk by that area. I look up the lane and there is this deer acting the same way. I kneeled down and watched her for ten minutes. Finally, I realized I was burning time, so having to pass that spot, I walked right toward her. Got within 50 yards, and she froze, stared me down, and then bolted. She acted normal enough at that point.

Back in March, a doe ran into the front corner of my truck. It got knocked out, but got up in a few minutes and ambled off toward my field, the same general direction that I keep seeing the goofy acting deer.

Coincidence or connected?

If she was a trout, I'd say she had "whirling disease".

LOL I should have put that on the list for the buck I saw this morning...could have been a car strike...hhmmmm

BTW it got me looking things up again...I need to be careful...the Bot thread on squirrels  has me off hunting them anymore... This will make my deer butchering take on a new light...eeewwwww

https://www.qdma.com/10-weird-parasites-live-inside-deer/

36 minutes ago, growalot said:

LOL I should have put that on the list for the buck I saw this morning...could have been a car strike...hhmmmm

BTW it got me looking things up again...I need to be careful...the Bot thread on squirrels  has me off hunting them anymore... This will make my deer butchering take on a new light...eeewwwww

https://www.qdma.com/10-weird-parasites-live-inside-deer/

I just read your other post, some similarities there for sure.

I shouldn't have read the QDMA link just before lunch...

• Like 1