First Shot Daily Pics

DirtTime

Just shot 2. A fp on the bottom, a BH on the top. 15 yards from sitting in the folding chair I have to go in the blind. Only shot the fp because I my group opened a bit and didn't like that. Only other arrow I shot since my last post here was a BH at about 17, if you look closely you can see the mark on the top eye on this target. Little high, but on the money.
ec77558bfc88768f499f8f46bb99b472.jpg

Sent from my XT830C using Tapatalk

• Like 5

This morning's:

06a95cbb2a7d0ac56733613653e36172.jpg

Top arrow: 30 yards, 18' elevation, BH - grip and rip
Bottom arrow: 25 yards, 15' elevation, BH - grip and rip

Forgot to post yesterday's, but similar results. I'm more deliberate in my form these past few days, and I'm looking at these results as positive developments. I think 30 yards is going to be my maximum distance this season.

I'm all thumbs when using Tapatalk

• Like 4

I'm pretty much done. I got outside earlier to make sure I was on at 25yds ( sorry no pic ) sitting in my chair. I already know my pop-up-blind has plenty of room to make shots without the bow hitting the ceiling or walls ( made sure of that last season ). Form is solid and anchor points are dialed in. I might shoot one or two more outside in the chair, but doubt anything will get any better. But, I think it's time to put the hunting BH's on, and just start counting down the days.

Edited by ....rob
  • Like 2

This morning:

96e2e52a0f17a1d49ec02107096a6982.jpg

The bottom arrow: 30 yards, 18' elevation, BH
The slightly higher arrow: 25 yards, 15' elevation, BH

Today's exercise deviated from grip and rip, and focused on a full-draw hold on target for 45 seconds.

I also had to deal with some distraction from a porcupine that kept walking 14' behind the target. He was looking for a suitable tree to climb, and is apparently pretty picky...

b5aa7fc7472aa32f50d2045710a39505.jpg

• Like 5

32yds. Longest of my short career. Broadhead. Perched up 15 feet on a rock ledge. Aimed a little high since I’m dialed in at 25yds dead on. Lobbed it in and it still was a little high. Maybe because I was high up? Regardless, it’s a dead deer.

cbd62f6c88a297d9b82410734860a9ff.jpg

White target

ff683dfd5c1b40e1486befae0269ef2a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

32yds. Longest of my short career. Broadhead. Perched up 15 feet on a rock ledge. Aimed a little high since I’m dialed in at 25yds dead on. Lobbed it in and it still was a little high. Maybe because I was high up? Regardless, it’s a dead deer.

cbd62f6c88a297d9b82410734860a9ff.jpg

White target

ff683dfd5c1b40e1486befae0269ef2a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It may not be dropping as much as you think it will...not sure what ur set up is, but I have very little difference in point of impact between 20-30 yards.

6 minutes ago, Belo said:

i still dont get you guys shooting at bags on the ground. I know it's about aim, but I'm not shooting ground hogs. Practice like you play.

It shouldn't matter , I practice from an elevated platform shooting down ,I shot a league Saturday that had up hill shots ,they go the same place that you aim.

• Like 2

64c76f2ee8c8c60f04627c3e41a4ee1c.jpg&key=b4dd5599258b3848a5d85bfce8ed957f0f6430f95b726362b9da0ae0f095f49b
i still dont get you guys shooting at bags on the ground. I know it's about aim, but I'm not shooting ground hogs. Practice like you play.

I like 3D targets better. But this wasn't my house or my targets. The target doesn't matter anyways. It's about hitting what you aim at. My buddy has 5 targets around that bag. The rest are blocks and are stacked. I shot the higher up ones too if that makes ya feel better. He's got a slick back stop setup too, heavy rubber stall mats on a 2x4 frame. Double mat thickness, stops any random flyers lol
  • Like 1

I like 3D targets better. But this wasn't my house or my targets. The target doesn't matter anyways. It's about hitting what you aim at. My buddy has 5 targets around that bag. The rest are blocks and are stacked. I shot the higher up ones too if that makes ya feel better. He's got a slick back stop setup too, heavy rubber stall mats on a 2x4 frame. Double mat thickness, stops any random flyers lol

If you shoot there again, could you post a pic of that ? I'd like to see it for reference...

37 minutes ago, Adkhunter1590 said:

72416ec4ddde849ec29ef2e75e6039b5.jpg
2ce5337ea112f780aaf218d5dd839ba6.jpg
c2d7ad80d2c80c55c3c1ef0aa4f1b8bf.jpg

Works good. Has stopped a lot of arrows lol.

Do the arrows penetrate the mats? 

And Rebel if you want I'll sell you a couple I have on the cheap. You just have to come wrestle them up out of my basement, we used to use them under the dog kennels. They ain't easy to handle or lite. Lol

22yds and 15yds.  When it cools down I will start with some 30 and 25yd arrows again.  20-25 is pretty much the same shot for me in terms of where I aim on the deer.  30yds I just aim at high back straps and it drops into lungs.  That's as far as I expect to shoot although 40yds is easy to aim as it's point on target.  I think I am ready.  Quiver on.  Bareshafts and BH are true.  BH are nice and sharp.  Hope the deer cooperate.  Next photo will be a dead deer!

IMG_1066.PNG

IMG_1040.JPG

• Like 2

Do the arrows penetrate the mats? 
And Rebel if you want I'll sell you a couple I have on the cheap. You just have to come wrestle them up out of my basement, we used to use them under the dog kennels. They ain't easy to handle or lite. Lol

They will penetrate the first one but the second mat on the back stops them. Only a crossbow has sent a bolt into the back mat. The compounds have only gone through the first and touch the back one but don't go in. Works really well.
  • Like 1