Live From The Woods 2017 edition!

WNYBuckHunter

10 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

Is it just me or is this thread way more hostile then years past?

Years past I think there were a lot more deer dead at this point. Either people aren't seeing them (which is the case for me) or weather has just been crap for the weekend warriors (also me).

10 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

Simma down snowflake haha

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Who are you Mr. Carl? haha

19 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

Who is Mr. Carl? And I think people just aren't out killing any deer yet. Hopefully the action picks up the whole of November

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I thought he was from South Park always tells the class to Simmer Down all the time when they get rowdy. Haven't watched the show but had saw a commercial a few years back.

Came back to 3S. 250pm in my spot. 54 degrees and 15mph winds. 2 fresh scrapes 14 yds from me in front of my spot and 10yds from trail cam that weren’t here yesterday at 6pm when I left. Unfortunately, no pics of the buck that did it. Hopefully he shows today.

1d8b28597ae2239f6d48180cf293273a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Ive lost one in the rain, more than likely it was a bad shot on my part... but he was right in front of me 25 yards 15 feet below me. i never found the arrow. maybe one lunged him. i searched for those bones for almost two years and i never found anything.So in the end I don't blame the rain.I seen some real nice bucks in the rain. Fighting tending does and running off smaller bucks. Its hot in the rain as far as i am concerned.

Well I didn’t blow away yet here. 40-50 mph winds yesterday were brutal! Saw a lot of deer though. Today the temps dropped back into the 20s and it started snowing a little while ago. I’ve seen 10 bucks today but nothing big enough to shoot. Little guys are starting to chase the does around pretty good. Full rut is coming real soon! I’ve seen so many little bucks it’s unreal. One of these big ones has gotta come by sooner or later

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Jeremy K said:

Is it just me or is this thread way more hostile then years past?

it's been a rough season for most. Warm temps didn't help many out early on, and now that the deer are on their feet we've lost 2 or 3 prime days due to weather. I know i'm agitated lol. I bumped my vacation up and will be in the woods morning and afternoon tomorrow. Winterizing the car in between. Hoping I kill one and the car has to wait. Halloween tonight with the kids and that's more fun than hunting.

really, really want to kill one before the clocks change lol.

• Like 2

Back in for the evening, had the daughter’s Halloween parade at school midday. Found my first rub of the season and a new scrape on the way in. The last 4 days at my place in 7A have seen a good increase in daytime pictures. Good luck everyone!

E348B355-35D1-47E5-B8FB-5B0083D6CEF4.jpeg

B872DF30-5320-414B-8CC1-8E6B4A8EEEE1.jpeg

• Like 3