Live From The Woods 2017 edition!

WNYBuckHunter

Checked cams earlier this afternoon. Wish I hadn't. Out of 11 cams, the only daylight activity has been a couple of spikes and a doe with a fawn! Pathetic!! Got some good bucks moving at night though. No bucks with does. One of these days....

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Well....that was interesting. I sat till dark in the stand I just moved this morning. It takes advantage of 3 scrapes, some Oak trees and a bunch of new and large fresh rubs I found after my morning sit.

At first things looked like a washout in the making. The wind was crappy and I almost quit coming up for 5pm. Then things calmed down and by 5:20 I was getting covered up in small Bucks. Mr 2 pointer turned up, I got a good look. He has lost one side all the way to the root. He may never have that side back. We'll see if he turns up in future seasons. He rendezvoused with another small guy and then they left. 15 minutes later another 4 pointer came by, all this in legal light. They all passed me at 10 yards, stayed to eat acorns, pee, and then moved on with no inkling I was there. I picked a good spot. I stayed till well after sunset, to see if the deer responsible for the larger rubs turned up. He didn't. But I did see my first Yote from the stand. He came tearing past, chasing after a fox. I don't think he got it. I heard him come back minutes later panting. I considered a shot but he was too far and the light was fading fast.

As I was packing up a doe came through, peed in the the same spot as they others. I waited for her to munch some acorns and then  hopped down. I think this spot has promise and is well worth a morning sit if I can do it tomorrow 

Edited by Papist
  • Like 9

So finally got home at 7...the deer having a party at Rivers blind 110 yrds away and the ones 250 yrds away at the other end of laneway stand blocked my quick route home. Had to hit back line then dbl all the way back. So missed one first thing..straightened that out and saw one of the big boys during the afternoon and at least 5 at Rivers Blind and 4 on west end of open field.....pretty good all and all.

Edited by growalot
  • Like 2

I am playing hooky tomorrow,all day in the woods. I have only spent a few hours here and there out in the woods so far,and it is about to change. Might even go for a doe if one comes by that is big enough.

I find the deer are very hard to figure out this year,there is food everywhere for them between the acorns,beechnuts and apples.

I have not spent that much time watching them either,better start now...

• Like 2

Stayed in tonight, probably a horrible decision. I was working on the railing to our upstairs addition when nature called. So like most guys I slung open the sliding glass door to relieve myself and just to my right 25 yards away stands a buck staring at me. How rude, must Have really been impressed. Anyway, wasn't from the stand but close.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Like 6

Live from the couch...I set my alarms to vibrate to let me know legal time morning and night. Forgot to set it back on my wakeup alarm...:rolleyes:

Good though up 3 x' s hobbling around the house with bad alternating leg and hip cramps...too much sitting yesterday. Will be out later for sure. Good luck guys

Edited by growalot

47 here if 7A
Sitting in the tower thi morning. Almost had a yote but was too dark to get my peep lined up quick enough. Lots of daytime buck pics here but the 10 pt has not shown since the 10th and he is nocturnal
Maybe today he will mess up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2