Live From The Woods 2017 edition!

WNYBuckHunter

No hunting for me  today.. alarm on vibrate no ring tone.  Then I go to get water and weekly supplies. .daughter and store owner show up..he kidnaps my cart and we are  driving scenic route through the woods to lunch in Naples the Monica pies and Hazlet for a wine tasting..in parking lot now getting ready to go home...I have to say...this was a bit more fun! Exausted from laughing...

• Like 2

Haha. I haven’t shot in 2 weeks so that means I’m nice and loose. Can extend my effective range to 53yds. But 54yd no way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With your inexpensive entry level compound I'm sure you'll have plenty of penetration for a perfect heart shot at 53yds!

• Like 5

Trying a brand new set up tonight. Have active scrapes within range. Just need these %&$@#*× bucks to start moving during the day! 99% of my pics are at night. This is hunt #23, so my patience is wearing thin! LOL With the dropping temps, something has got to happen soon!!

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

• Like 3

No hunting for me  today.. alarm on vibrate no ring tone.  Then I go to get water and weekly supplies. .daughter and store owner show up..he kidnaps my cart and we are  driving scenic route through the woods to lunch in Naples the Monica pies and Hazlet for a wine tasting..in parking lot now getting ready to go home...I have to say...this was a bit more fun! Exausted from laughing...

Is it my computer or is this site messed up? 

Why do I see another post from growie that she posted before?

2 minutes ago, growalot said:

• Like 3

I get accused of being a jerk. So I’ll politely ask someone else if they can decipher this for me.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, growalot said:

Gosh Lawd you're just right on top of things concerning me aren't you...it showed on my phone as having not been sent..does that explanation meet with your approval. .don't answer please I don't care:rolleyes:

No, for once I'm being very honest.  My computer has been acting wonky since I did an update a few days ago........I turn it on and it takes 5-7 minutes to get ready to go.  Burns my azz when I do these REQUIRED updates and everything is weirding out.

And don't worry, I'm not mad at you about your snide remark.   That said, did you stop in at Sutton's?  Love that joint............

• Like 1

Naples hotel and the burger was cooked to perfection...rare side of medium rare and just a nice grilled char on out side...

PS...I'll agree...we have to be re signing into everything every other day lately and the firestick, I have  to reset 3 times a week lately... next time just pm me...

Edited by growalot

43 minutes ago, fasteddie said:

I hope to get back out Saturday. Trying to shake this cold, sore throat and cough . Feeling pretty crappy right now .

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

18 minutes ago, Belo said:

Got the same thing. Sucks because I never get sick.

if the cold goes away an the sore throat persists get to a doctor.i just spent three days in hospital with a "super infection" there words not mine. 

1 hour ago, rachunter said:

if the cold goes away an the sore throat persists get to a doctor.i just spent three days in hospital with a "super infection" there words not mine. 

Must be something in the air...im 34 yrs old and i was just at the doc, i have shingles. Wtf... luckily im still good to hunt back and chest just hurt.

No hunting yet, but I was out to prep a couple of trees for my hang on.  The first spot got a lifeline, EZ hang hook and some footpegs.  Just needs some final trimming.  The second tree was going to get a lifeline and EZ hook, but dummy me left the 2nd hook at home.  

20171026_170047.jpg

Good hunt this afternoon after work...got in my blowdown ground blind by 4.  Had a lot of action. Passed on a nice broadside shot on a 4 pointer that was browsing for about 5 minutes .  Then a doe and 2 yearlings walk up the stream by me at about 20 yards.         They were splashing around in the water kind of playing around.  Got to take a video with the phone of them.  Hope to have as much action in the morning.  Good luck everybody!

• Like 1

I was live from the stand this afternoon, sat 3 till sundown. I had a spike and a 4pt following does around and grunting quite a bit. It was interesting to watch a buck come through 20 mins after a doe ran through. He was sniffing all the vegetation she touched and followed exactly where she went through.

Had a fun hunt tonight...original setup with the climber didn't pan out so I ended up standing in a hedgerow. Had this guy come by at 15 yds, easy shot...59f285d2c0854_2017-10-2621_03_49.thumb.jpg.3cbac32eb06c8a6ae6edc1774305c6aa.jpg

59f285dd662e9_2017-10-2621_03_28.thumb.jpg.3964e3da42281bf0781c63da12426efe.jpg

A few minutes later I had a buck walking just inside the woods grunting. He was only 50 yds away...a doe popped out but he never showed. Probably the big 9 that I'm after. Should be a great morning!!!

Edited by WNY Bowhunter
  • Like 10