Live From The Woods 2017 edition!

WNYBuckHunter

Yea its 70 again I'm skipping the woods got called in to sub for sand volleyball, its better weather for that!! Weather starts looking better tomorrow! Now they got Sat back up to 70 jeeze! Can we stay under 60 for a while pleeeze!!

17 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

In the stand and yes it's too damn warm.. saw a snake in the road on my over.  Is this really late October......anyway put up a scrape dripper hoping for some action close to dark

Doe in estrous already? When does everyone else start? The buck I shot last year had a swollen neck on 11/5.

2 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Doe in estrous already? When does everyone else start? The buck I shot last year had a swollen neck on 11/5.

I put a dripper over a scrape that was tore up I saw yesterday.  Firat one I've seen

And does anyone know the Boone and crocket score on grey squirrel.  I am guessing it's skull size . But there is a bunch of them out. And if I became a trophy squirrel hunter it would be a lot easier

• Like 6

I will start a bit of scrape voodoo later this week. I will go to an inlaws unhuntable property and dig out some fresh scrape dirt and cut some licking branches and dress up a couple spots of mine. I will then start to add some scrape scents. No estrous though.

Edited by Fletch

Torrential downpours in 4L, and winds with gusts up to 50mph on the mountain.  No hunting for me today.  Next opportunity is Friday, all day.  Hoping for 4J in the morning, and to hunt the buck I've named "Home Boy" back up here in 4L for the evening.  With this weather, all I've got are plans.

13 minutes ago, Bowshotmuzzleloader said:

First time out in over a week,, feels great,,, my son is about 100 yards in front of me near the field edge,,lots of leaves dropped and it's feeling like hunting season and a scape on the trail on the way in ..

My Pileted woodpecker is back also..

IMG_1256.JPG

IMG_1257.JPG

I saw one when I was ml two week ago pretty mean looking bird

13 minutes ago, rachunter said:

I saw one when I was ml two week ago pretty mean looking bird

I  have hunted this stand for 15 years or more and as long as I can remember there they have been here, I have no idea how long they live for but make a heck of a racket, he is in the upper hole at the moment about 20' from my stand .

IMG_1261.PNG

• Like 3

Screwed the pooch tonite.  Had 4 does put in field across from me. Then right before dark could hear a deer walking. It came right out the trail I have stand at and broadside at 20 yards. Went to draw just as it turned it's head and it looked right at me. So I froze at half draw. Nope ..... shouldve just kept drawing. Had to let down. He stomped his foot. I went to draw again and he blew at me and took off. Not a monster buck but my usual  looked like a 5 point. Sure educated him for that stand this year. 

• Like 2

Screwed the pooch tonite.  Had 4 does put in field across from me. Then right before dark could hear a deer walking. It came right out the trail I have stand at and broadside at 20 yards. Went to draw just as it turned it's head and it looked right at me. So I froze at half draw. Nope ..... shouldve just kept drawing. Had to let down. He stomped his foot. I went to draw again and he blew at me and took off. Not a monster buck but my usual  looked like a 5 point. Sure educated him for that stand this year. 
We have all done it

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I'll be out as well in the AM still watching World Series and sipping gin and tonics with a heating pad on my shoulder right now .

Hope I can draw back on Stand, if a descent buck walks by  .

I don't get up,til 5 or 5:15 love the late light this time of year !

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Wind is roaring here in 9F but I’m going anyway. Maybe I’ll get lucky. At least Tapatalk works!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I shot my bow buck in hurricane force winds last year.........I’m pulling for you man!!

• Like 3