My WNY Bow Hunt Trip!

grampy

This time tomorrow, I'll be heading out to Webster from the Capital District, for a weekend of fun and hunting! Got an invitation from my buddy moog5050, who I've been wanting to meet for some time. Will also get to meet phade, who's hunting skills and knowledge, I've admired, since coming to this forum! Not sure who else will be there, as I know some others, are close by too.  moog is already being such a gracious host, and I haven't even arrived yet! Looking forward to the laughs and good times as much as the hunting itself!  Though I'm not looking to shoot anything myself, unless one of those big WNY bucks, decides to stop in front of me for a chip shot. I am 'really' hoping that I can be there, to share in the celebration, of one of those guy's putting something on the ground! That would be amazing!  This is the first time hunting out of town for me in decades, so just looking to soak it all in! Success for this trip will be measured in smiles, handshakes and good company,  more than the deer killed. So even before driving the first mile, I'm certain this will be a successful hunting trip!  Hope the weather holds for us!  

• Like 33

10 minutes ago, grampy said:

This time tomorrow, I'll be heading out to Webster from the Capital District, for a weekend of fun and hunting! Got an invitation from my buddy moog5050, who I've been wanting to meet for some time. Will also get to meet phade, who's hunting skills and knowledge, I've admired, since coming to this forum! Not sure who else will be there, as I know some others, are close by too.  moog is already being such a gracious host, and I haven't even arrived yet! Looking forward to the laughs and good times as much as the hunting itself!  Though I'm not looking to shoot anything myself, unless one of those big WNY bucks, decides to stop in front of me for a chip shot. I am 'really' hoping that I can be there, to share in the celebration, of one of those guy's putting something on the ground! That would be amazing!  This is the first time hunting out of town for me in decades, so just looking to soak it all in! Success for this trip will be measured in smiles, handshakes and good company,  more than the deer killed. So even before driving the first mile, I'm certain this will be a successful hunting trip!  Hope the weather holds for us!  

Enjoy Grampy! I'm envious. I met Moog and Phade in May (of course we didn't hunt deer) and they are great guys in real life too.

• Like 2

Just throwing it out there, but if there any other members close by that want to grab a later dinner after Saturdays hunt to meet Grampy, PM me.

I'm kicking around the idea and trying to find some Buffalo guys . I'll drive.
If I don't make it , enjoy grampy and you Webster guys. Stick a good one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, JaredA WNY8G said:

I'm about 15 mins from there and Webster is one of my hunting spots.. got some big bucks on our trail cam this year in Webster.. Good luck

I live in Webster, but we hunt properties mostly south and west of Rochester.  I know that there are monsters in Webster every year.  Access can be tough.  Sounds like you have a great spot.

• Like 1

Sounds like a great time is on tap.............I'll be south of ra-cha-cha but am obligated to stay for supper at my buddies.  Actually, I hope to be skinning a buck after dark so that'd be a problem for a dinner date.

All the best to you three hombres; pics or you're dicks. :)

• Like 5