My WNY Bow Hunt Trip!

grampy

What an outstanding group of guys and hunters! I enjoyed the company of each and every one! Good food and good times with some hearty laughter! Highlighted by "The Wheel"! You had to be there....lol  Will be heading home in the morning. Due to the heavy rains no hunting. But I take home the memories of a great time and a memorable hunt. All made possible by the generosity and friendship of a truly great guy, moog5050. Already looking forward to our next adventure, in WNY or ENY! And thanks to all who followed along with this thread.  Glad ya came along for the ride!

• Like 13

Great meeting you last night grampy.  You are spot on how everyone has described .Glad I got the opportunity to finally meet you .And the rest of you guys ain't so bad yourself. Great stories to be had, great wings and great company for sure. Although you guys literally bugged me out with all the "tick talk"  Never seen one and never want to. Counting 20-40 after a hunt ...........ugh   Gave up counting the deer smears on the 90 on the way home, one freshy and only one I saw standing roadside. Thanks Brian (Moog) for setting this up . And  to those who missed it you missed a great time  Happy safe travels home Dave.

• Like 10

17 minutes ago, steve863 said:

I take my hat off to Moog and anyone who is kind enough to share their hunting spots with others.  Not too many people out there anymore like that, so it's extra nice to see things like this!!

For sure Steve. Not too many people like that anymore. This property no doubt, can hold 150" class, or better deer.  And the way these guys have it set up with trails, food plots, and perfect stand placement, it truly is a great hunting property! But  moog not only shared this property with me on the trip. He shared his home, beautiful family, hunting buddies, phade and David,  his generosity,  and most of all his friendship.  It's hard for me to remember when, or if ever, I felt more welcomed, and at ease, from people I'd never met previously!  And the get together Saturday night was just the icing on the cake!  Meeting up with super  hunters, Larry, Jay, John, Bob, Brad, David and of course  Brian, was so much fun, again organized by moog.  Yup, the trip was awesome! But most importantly, and special, is the beginning a lifelong friendship!  Thanks again buddy.

• Like 12

It was a lot of fun and I look forward to round 2 for sure!  I learned a lot watching Grampy play chess with that buck from the ground.  It was as exciting as a hunt can be.  He was more than content with the experience even though he never released an arrow.  Something we could all learn from - its the experience that matters, not the result. 

And you won't find a man more gracious than Grampy.  He is already part of the family!  The wings with the rest of the guys was icing on the cake.

Edited by moog5050
  • Like 7

13 minutes ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

I know it's been said before but this thread solidifies that we have to do something like this in the other side of the state.

Maybe if our schedules work out I can get Moog to come east and get him on a turkey this spring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think we should at least get together for a beer or two....I know you and Grampy aren't that far from me. I am not sure who else is the capital region....

• Like 1

Now those are a bunch of real hunters!  Sharing and enjoying each others company and stories that is what hunting is really about, great people and even better times!!!

Sounds like you had a great trip and hunt, thanks for sharing!   Good luck the rest of the season, someone get that nice buck!  Beauty!   

• Like 3

I'd be more than willing to put something together, in a central location for the capitol district guy's, or anyone willing to attend. I will be out of commission after Nov. 28th. for a bit. So before then, or a post season get together is fine with me.  Let me know what you guys think.

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, grampy said:

I'd be more than willing to put something together, in a central location for the capitol district guy's, or anyone willing to attend. I will be out of commission after Nov. 28th. for a bit. So before then, or a post season get together is fine with me.  Let me know what you guys think.

sign me up.

On ‎10‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 11:14 PM, moog5050 said:

Great way to finish.   TF, Nomad, Culver. Grampy, WNY, Phade, david and yours truly. 

IMG_1222.JPG

For those curious on putting a face to names - starting with the big guy on the left in plaid and going clockwise - Culver Creek, WNYbuckhunter, Turkeyfeathers, Phade, David (not a member), me, Grampy and Nomad (aka Larry302).  Handsome bunch eh!

• Like 2

For those curious on putting a face to names - starting with the big guy on the left in plaid and going clockwise - Culver Creek, WNYbuckhunter, Turkeyfeathers, Phade, David (not a member), me, Grampy and Nomad (aka Larry302).  Handsome bunch eh!

Who is Dave?
Why is he there?
He’s not our friend!

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Who is Dave?
Why is he there?
He’s not our friend!

LOL - he is a buddy of mine and Phade's.  Plus, we needed to bring down the average age of the table significantly.  He will probably shoot the buck we were reserving for you this year Biz!

• Like 4