Magic Time

Northcountryman

Being relatively new to the sport, Ive only taken a couple bucks and a couple does, all of them in the early to mid morning; although Ive seen a few deer at dusk, its either not beenr a shooter, conditions werent right for a good shot, or maybe just bad luck.  Having said that, I would say that magic time is early am for me, anywhere from 7:00-8:30:what about you?

My morning I try and cut deer off before they can get back to bedding areas, trying to get in 30 mins before sunrise.. in the evening I will try and intercept deer between their bedding and food source... that being said I've shot morning and evening deer.  the rut helps!!

Magic time depends where your stand or ground blind is, or just where u set up. For years, Ive hunted farm fields our of a tripod, and magic time there is usually pm hours, and generally less than an hour before sunset, because this is when they head to the food sources. If you've done your homework and you know where they are bedding during the day, you can set up between the food source and bed, and then AM will be the prime time. However, during the rut, I think both am and pm are magical.

Right now I am seeing young bucks in range early, scent checking, wandering in the morning between 7 and 830... Other than that the more mature bucks are sneaking by me in the dark 630-7am or late around 630pm... On cam moving into bedding around 6am... Good luck

you got to be in it to win it. i think thats all there is to it. a deer can move anytime. There is the early move , then the afternoon move , and then finally the witching hour move. The rain move,and after a storm move. Now the , just hunt every minute you can,for the next two weeks... its cards on the table.Good luck to all.we need to see some more bucks posted.I am about to cheat and start looking at other forums.