Official what didga get for Christmas

rob-c

Got a new pair of Bogs, as if on command my other ones sprung a leak on the last weekend of rifle while I was midway crossed an icy cold Katterskill Creek. No worries, I survived the ordeal. 

Also got a Cabelas hand muff that I asked for after I saw it on here and reloading stuff I wanted like a case prep machine. 

I have a new Lyman Ml on its way too, should be here Friday to Doe from Doe lol  

I enjoyed a nice breakfast of homemade waffles, bacon ,sausage, and homefries at my in laws on Saturday. Then backed it up with a ham dinner my wife cooked yesterday. As for presents, I got a few ice fishing things and a gift card to Texas Roadhouse to use on New Years Eve. Pretty nice, calm holiday with some nice conversations with family and tomorrow will be a day with my brother ice fishing in the nasty weather.

• Like 2

Besides the sled for hauling deer and the Tickets to Bill Engvall's show in the Spring , I got a pair of the Thermacell remote control heated insoles and over $500 in gift cards for DICKs , WalMart, EBay , Home Depot  and Unos Restaurant . "It's good to be the King" !

• Like 3

Picked up a Tipton best gun vise from the inlaws....and a bolt on 2" receiver for my ATV with a ball an hitch/tow hook combo.

My wife me a real nice log book for anytime I go afield....nice to keep notes and reflect back on previous hunts.

All in all it was a great Xmas....kids are spoiled as all heck and everything they wanted, needed and in my opinion could possibly ever need.

Most importantly we spent quality time with family!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, genesee_mohican said:

I got a Yetti beer can thingy that keeps your beer cold and an F&S gift card. We got about 3 inches of snow today, seems we are in a thin band of lake effect coming off of Lake Erie, so could see a lot more. Snowing hard now.

That yeti beer holder is ideal for mowing the grass beer.  Keeps it real cold 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, BigVal said:

Uncle gifted me a colt anaconda 44 mag, safe queen and has lots of sentimental value to the family so it'll likely stay that way. 

That’s awesome.  You just got permit to. Cherish that baby. I highly recommend a Kenai chest rig for it. I just bought one for my Super Blackhawk and love it. I’ve got a few hundred rounds of .44. Inbox me and let’s go to Wolcotts. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

That’s awesome.  You just got permit to. Cherish that baby. I highly recommend a Kenai chest rig for it. I just bought one for my Super Blackhawk and love it. I’ve got a few hundred rounds of .44. Inbox me and let’s go to Wolcotts. 

Yes sir! I'll be in contact, it's in his possession until we can transfer it over and such to be legal about it. 

The kids got all kinds of stuff, mostly electronics.  Hopefully, our oldest daughter won't shoot her eye out with her new pellet rifle.  My folks gave me a Flextone buck collector plus grunt call. It is supposed to do buck grunts, doe bleats, fawn bleets, and snort-wheezes.  My sister set me up with a Life-straw.  With that, I should be able to venture a little deeper into the bush on hunts up in the Adirondacks, without having to worry about staying hydrated.  My wife set me up with a couple big bags of hand-warmers and enough books to last a few years.  She seems happy with the freezer almost full of venison and fish that I set her up with this year, and the lunch that I bought her at a Greek cafe last Friday.  I still owe her dinner and a movie.           

• Like 1

So far , my 2 biggest scores are a Camo Eagle Claw Shappell 54X25X10 inch jet sled to haul deer with . 170_JS1-ATC-425.jpg&key=2c960c43029b4c36ac0f80795d17caebc1c66156134754b277918f155313b266and a pair of tickets to see Bill Engvall on March 17 at the Kodak Center --- " Here's yer Sign " !
Gotta get yourself those teflon runners. Will help your jetsled last a million times longer plus track a bit better in the snow for ice fishing too!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

And no scale ?! Dang the PA chest measurement for another year. 

I printed a copy of that table so that I will always have it.  The heavier end was cut-off on the one G-man posted here so I looked up the original on-line, just in case a real big one shows up next year.   

Years ago , it used to be ties , after shave lotion , etc .. Not any more . I will probably look for some hunting boots to put the heated insole into and I want to get a Ryobi Expand-It 15 in. Articulating Hedge Trimmer Attachment to use in some of my hunting spots . Home Depot has this and it has a good rating . 

Final results....
I got a new hard-shell rifle case, a Bills AVE street sign for my den, a mini cassette boom box to play the 200+ cassettes I have, and the new Slipknot DVD.
Fiancee got some new Sketckers, makeup brushes, and a new Kindle Fire 7.
Dog got new food and water bowls and treats in her stocking.
Little late posting as after dinner we sat around planning the wedding.
Hope every one had a very Merry Christmas and just enjoyed the day.

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

• Like 2