2018 Live from the turkey woods

turkeyfeathers

2 hours ago, turkeyfeathers said:

I’ve met Brian and Dan, both great guys. There’s going to be some great laughs in that blind. Look forward to posts And Pygmy getting a bird under Moog’s gun   Brian’s about to learn turkey hunting from a dang good turkey hunter. 

Haha.  I look forward to hunting with the legend, whether we see a turkey or not.  It will be a blast.  Very nice of Dan to offer to show me the ropes.  I have to admit that now I am a bit nervous that I may just see a gobbler and blow the shot!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Moho81 said:

I’d think you would be use to doing that by now!

Kidding of course. Just don’t steal Dans flashlight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I might be but have never had a shot on a turkey to miss.  And to clarify, the kill light was returned to its proper owner.  In fact, I can probably blame Andrew for costing me several thousand on coyote hunting gear!

• Like 1

I might be but have never had a shot on a turkey to miss.  And to clarify, the kill light was returned to its proper owner.  In fact, I can probably blame Andrew for costing me several thousand on coyote hunting gear!

Like a true dealer the first taste is always free once your hooked then it starts costing money.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Pygmy said:

I just hope the Big Chooch doesn't sit on me...

I keep picturing the cartoon of the fat lady looking for her poodle and it's stuck in her butt crack....

If I lose you, I now know where to look!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hunted this morning after I dropped the wife off at work. 815-1130. Nothing could hear a hen around me but she never appeared not one gobble. But did jump a moose on my way into my spot looked like a cow and alittle one was like 20-30 yards away just took my time not bothering her. Turkeys 1 Redneck 0. Will hunt Saturday be there be4 dark try to catch em off the roost.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

You guys are just mean.  I look nothing like Devito.  

How am I mean?   I have know clue if you look nothing like Danny Devito.  It I've got to say, if you do, your f@#&n ugly.  :drinks:

48 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

Rhea my wife disagrees.  

Well I would hope so.   

Good luck in the morning.  Hope it's a classic hunt, but a memorable one weather it's successful or not.  But, one's definition of successful is different than others.  

Successful is having a good time, and learning weather or not the quarry was seen, heard, or harvested. 

• Like 1

I took my buddy out this morning on his first turkey hunt. So far we have seen 10 birds. 5 of which were good Toms! I called 2 in but they stayed just out of range. We still have a hen in the field. Great morning so far. I just hope he can knock one down! Good luck to everyone!

• Like 7