2018 Live from the turkey woods

turkeyfeathers

7 minutes ago, Fletch said:

Was going to get out tomorrow but looked at the weather I may pass till Sat. Thunderstorms not my idea of a fun morn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Killed some of my biggest birds just before a storm the thunder makes them shock gobble and gets them worked up

• Like 1

I scouted a spot near Alden tonight and was shocked to find some great promise. Atleast three gobblers making lots of noise at sundown. 

I volunteer to sit sidesaddle some morning to watch things unfold. I’ll even buy the Tim Horton’s Ain’t nothing better than watching someone else tip one over. PM me and I’ll send cell number.

• Like 2

Off tomorrow but forecast is high winds n rain. After losing both my folks in 2 months my happy place isn’t quite so happy and having troubles Usually hunt 20 days but I’ll wait til weekend for daughter to go. Want her to smash the longbeard I couldn’t today. After my first deerless season and her shooting a buck my deer season was complete anyhow. Got my sights on her getting her first bird

• Like 10

Am I the only one who would pay good money to be a fly on the wall when the twins “Moog and Pygmy” hunt together this weekend?

We need a live from the "Moog and pygmy blind" thread started!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

We need a live from the "Moog and pygmy blind" thread started!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Dare we ask for them to hang a trail cam facing IN the blind or would be be too much for us to handle?!?

• Haha 1

I failed to find one to roost one so I held off on the one spot and scouted from a far instead this morning. Located the birds and have a plan in place for Saturday with my son. I’m saving the bird for him. 

Slim Pickens this year and I hope for a better nesting season. 

• Like 5

Headed to a clients property this morning. Could only hunt till about 7:30 this morning, as I was meeting some contractors at 8.  

Called in a 2 yr old, but let him walk. Enjoyed to show. He didn't gobble much, but the spitting and drumming was intense at 25 yrds.  

Left as soon as he got out of site. Hopefully I can get him in front of my nephew this weekend. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, mowin said:

Headed to a clients property this morning. Could only hunt till about 7:30 this morning, as I was meeting some contractors at 8.  

Called in a 2 yr old, but let him walk. Enjoyed to show. He didn't gobble much, but the spitting and drumming was intense at 25 yrds.  

Left as soon as he got out of site. Hopefully I can get him in front of my nephew this weekend. 

Have you heard from the guy you took out last year for his first turkey hunt and bird ? At the time it sounds like he was hooked. 

4 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Have you heard from the guy you took out last year for his first turkey hunt and bird ? At the time it sounds like he was hooked. 

Haven't heard from Jeff at all, but to be fair, I haven't tried to get in touch with him.  I've got both of my grandnephews, and there uncle who wants to go out this weekend, so I'm kinda booked up, lol.  If I get some free time during the second half of the season I may give him a shout. 

1 hour ago, Doewhacker said:

I failed to find one to roost one so I held off on the one spot and scouted from a far instead this morning. Located the birds and have a plan in place for Saturday with my son. I’m saving the bird for him. 

Slim Pickens this year and I hope for a better nesting season. 

I can probably get you guys on birds, plenty of them around here now. Get your butts out here. Turkey in the mornings, bass in the afternoons....

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

To heck with a trail cam, we need a live streaming feed!

I’ve met Brian and Dan, both great guys. There’s going to be some great laughs in that blind. Look forward to posts And Pygmy getting a bird under Moog’s gun   Brian’s about to learn turkey hunting from a dang good turkey hunter. 

• Like 3