It Doesn't Rain, It Pours!

DirtTime

Wedding this weekend, honey moon next week.

Last night on her way home from work the fiancées water pump blows. $200 to tow to local shop, they can't do the repair. Find another local shop that can do the repair, and rough estimate is $1000, plus towing from one place to another. Looks like we will be going on our honeymoon a year late. Fiancée is on the phone as I type this canceling our hotel reservation in Mystic. CN. They won't give a refund due to the ten day rule.

Fiancée is not handling this well.

Rented a mini van to get everything to the wedding, wish I trusted my Jeep to make the trek.

Really sick of bad luck.

Just venting a bit, but damn 2018 has sucked so far.

39 minutes ago, Rob... said:

Last night on her way home from work the fiancées water pump blows. $200 to tow to local shop, they can't do the repair. Find another local shop that can do the repair, and rough estimate is $1000, plus towing from one place to another. Looks like we will be going on our honeymoon a year late. Fiancée is on the phone as I type this canceling our hotel reservation in Mystic. CN. They won't give a refund due to the ten day rule.

Rented a mini van to get everything to the wedding, wish I trusted my Jeep to make the trek.

Really sick of bad luck.

Many years ago, my old buddy (now deceased) said to me after a LONG streak of bad luck on my end "Larry, it goes like this for a while then gets worse".  I chuckled of course and rolled with it.  He was a good friend and was also right. :)

I survived it and you and your new bride will too.  Congrats early on the marriage!

• Like 1

Rob, wishing you and Miss B, a lifetime of happiness. Sorry to hear of the bad luck. But it never lasts. No doubt your marriage, will far out last the down times, we all face now and then. Any chance you can keep the van a few days longer? Mystic is a cool place. That's where we went after getting hitched. Also, I know a good mechanic in Schenectady, who I'm sure will cut you a deal if you mentioned me. PM me and I'll give you info.

• Like 1

I'm rolling with it, I'm used to this crap happening. I have an anti hunting Jeep!

Just wish I knew how to console the future Mrs. . Yeah, it's sappy, but seeing her hurting is hard. 

Grampy, I honestly appreciate the offer, but towing from here won't work out cost wise. Keeping the van longer isn't going to work, at a price hike because it's Americade weekend. Trust me, all the rental places jacked up the per day cost. We looked at all of them. $300 to rent with unlimited miles from Friday to Sunday. 

• Like 1

First congratulations on the coming marriage. Second it’s not sappy being concerned about the future mrs feelings , that’s just being  a good husband. You will look back in 20 years and be talking about how things started off so bad but look around and realize how good it is now. Plus look at the bright side you will have more time to save money for the honey moon. And besides last I checked you didn’t need a hotel to enjoy a honey moon .. 

Edited by rob-c
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Rob... said:

Really sick of bad luck.

RUN! ITS A SIGN.  im joking

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rob... said:

Just venting a bit, but damn 2018 has sucked so far

Rob I can relate. About everything that can go wrong has and it doesn't seem to get better from day to day.

The important thing to remember is it is all part of life the we all deal with at one time or another. Just hang in there and figure out another meaningful that both of you will appreciate to celebrate the occasion. Just remember

"for better or worse, for richer, or poorer, and sickness and in health". That is what it is all about. Good Luck:giverose:

• Like 2

As my buddy that has the worst luck on the planet often says “usually screaming at the top of his lungs while throwing something” “IT COULD BE RAINING P*SSY AND I’D GET HIT IN THE WITH A DICK!”

It will all work out, congrats and best of luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

From one Rob to the next.....

You've got this.  Don't let a little water pump stand in the way of the inevitable. 

Hold her hand and guide her through this "speed bump".  Reassure her that your love for each other will overcome any obstacles that are thrown at you two. 

Congrats two booth of you. Please post a pic of the happy couple.  

• Like 3

Um..... No..... Not that I won't let her, she just has serious issues with a few on here.

Just made her a drink to help.

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

CALL THEM OUT!!!! You must defend her honor now that your taking the plunge(too soon for a water reference?!?)

• Haha 1

Things are working out.
Thank you all for kind words.

crappyice - I have been trying hard the last couple years to try and be nicer around here. Not bringing up old dirt to start a new garden. LOL

You’re a good man Charlie Brown!
I was just bustin stones of course...we all knows it Biz!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, crappyice said:

You’re a good man Charlie Brown!
I was just bustin stones of course...we all knows it Biz!

If it was Biz, I would wait until he posted about playing golf, make the trek downstate, and scream "Jackass, Paco Likes Mexican beer!" at him. 

LMAO!

I can relate to all this pretty well so I feel your pain man. But like everyone else said, it’s gonna get better and will only be a memory soon, maybe one that you both can look back on and laugh at some day.
2 weeks before my wedding my parents evicted me from the house I built on their property and then 1 week before my wedding I got a DWI and lost my job driving truck. My first son was 8 months old at the time so needless to say we were in a bad spot at the time. Broke, jobless and having to find a place to live and dealing with a DWI all days before our wedding was enough stress to make anyone have a mental break down. And trust me, I just about did. Even with my parents disowning me all because I wasn’t marrying the girl they wanted, we pulled closer together and dug ourselves out of the hole we were in. We had a damn good time at our wedding, even though my entire family listened to my evil mother and decided not to show. I got a good lawyer and had my DWI dropped to a parking ticket, a couple months later I got a job at the mill that pays over double what any trucking job ever would have paid me and then a year later we went on to buy our first house. Sometimes life throws some nasty curve balls, but in the end it works out most the time. Just keep your head up and hold on to your girl real tight and never give up!

• Like 7

I can relate to all this pretty well so I feel your pain man. But like everyone else said, it’s gonna get better and will only be a memory soon, maybe one that you both can look back on and laugh at some day.
2 weeks before my wedding my parents evicted me from the house I built on their property and then 1 week before my wedding I got a DWI and lost my job driving truck. My first son was 8 months old at the time so needless to say we were in a bad spot at the time. Broke, jobless and having to find a place to live and dealing with a DWI all days before our wedding was enough stress to make anyone have a mental break down. And trust me, I just about did. Even with my parents disowning me all because I wasn’t marrying the girl they wanted, we pulled closer together and dug ourselves out of the hole we were in. We had a damn good time at our wedding, even though my entire family listened to my evil mother and decided not to show. I got a good lawyer and had my DWI dropped to a parking ticket, a couple months later I got a job at the mill that pays over double what any trucking job ever would have paid me and then a year later we went on to buy our first house. Sometimes life throws some nasty curve balls, but in the end it works out most the time. Just keep your head up and hold on to your girl real tight and never give up!
Wow. I would have went nuts with all that. Holy crap.
Glad you got through it.

• Like 1

Rob,

I am not mechanic but I have changed water pumps on cars I have owned. do you have any mechanical ability and have you checked to see what the parts are worth?
What is her make model and year of her car
Not nearly enough to do this. It's pretty much sorted out now.

So fiancee and her dad go to pick up rental.... Place wanted to add $200 in unmentioned fees. Yep, not having that shit. So U Haul it is.

274c965697ec7c6c2c0007f44bd04642.jpg

• Like 1

Well, most of yesterday went off fantastic. Will make a different thread with happier tones on that.

But.........   The forces that be had one last zinger for us last night.

Get to the camp site and start a fire about 7:30PM. Alls great, great day, nice night drinking beers...

9:30PM as we are sitting around the fire, "BOOM!", sparks and embers go flying all over the place. I was stunned for a second trying for figure out WTF just happened. Then I jump up and start stomping out the embers, rip the big tinder pile I had apart and stop out the embers that landed on that. Med check, everyone's OK. As we look at the after math we realize the brand new concrete slab under the new fire ring actually exploded. I have never hear of this or had it happen in the almost 40 years I have been camping. NEVER! We called last night and this morning and filed complaints.

1st pic was at 7:30, the others are the aftermath. I seriously don't understand how no one got hit, but I sure am glad no one was hurt.

ayfkm1.jpg

ayfkm2.jpg

ayfkm3.jpg

ayfkm4.jpg

Edited by Rob...
spelling