The Shot That Counts 2018

DirtTime

Took 15 shots at 25 YDS at lunch today...  This is the first set of three.  Didn't do as well with the following groups but all arrows hit the cube.  A definite improvement.  The bow arm is a little shaky at full draw... I'll try to practice twice a day until the opener.  Practice Practice Practice.

sept19first round.jpg

• Like 1

16 hours ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

I’m the only guy on this entire forum to make a bad shot this year, it’s going to be alive with monster buck pics come season!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

yes you are ..... do you have a rifle?   lol 

So far i havent missed the target and my "one" that counts has been good.   But have def had a couple off kilter.  Last night i changed my D loop -  its too close to season to be doing stuff like that but it was fraying.  So i shot on my lunch.  and was pretty much still set .  I did raise my site just a hair.... but it was mostly the same - last two at 40. 

rps20180919_131651.jpg

Edited by Robhuntandfish
  • Like 3

No pics TC, but I shot like crap last night and couldn't shoot my way out of it - to the point that I picked up my compound just to finish with some in the bullseye.  Same thing with first shot this morning.  Then I realized I was drawing elbow out and around, corrected and put the next two in the bullseye.  I hate that despite that I shoot daily, like golf, some days I lose it and have a hard time figuring it out.  And its usually something small that makes a big difference.  Hopefully that is the last hiccup before season.  Need to keep that confidence sky high.

• Like 2

Just got my new cam and strings for my Elite Ritual set up about a two weeks ago.  Was not too concerned about hitting slightly right because I had to replace the string and cams and reset everything back up.   First 2 shots where Aug 25th (30 yards) and Sept 4th (about 17 yards), 3rd is our new apple buck (about 20 yards) just a fun target and last was today (30 yards).  All first shots except the apple buck.  Sorry for posting the apple buck but its just a cool target!

8 25.png

9 4.png

9 2.png

9 18.png

• Like 5

52 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Lol yes, I posted a clean miss! You’re ready for the woods! Have you shot out of a stand?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yes, tonight for the first time......see my Just Starting Out thread.  

Tonight I put a broadhead (Thunderhead 100 grain) on 2 arrows to shoot for the first time. I marked those arrows as practice arrows only. I will use identical arrows and new broadheads when hunting.
This was the first shot. Second shot was right next to it, so far it is shooting just like a field point.
However, I had a heck of a time getting the arrows out! I thought bag targets were ok for broadhead use?? I ended up losing 2 blades on each arrow, so I am already down 2 broadheads! What target can I shoot at that won't ruin my broadheads?

02181386fddd428cca2f0598f57901ef.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Tonight I put a broadhead (Thunderhead 100 grain) on 2 arrows to shoot for the first time. I marked those arrows as practice arrows only. I will use identical arrows and new broadheads when hunting.
This was the first shot. Second shot was right next to it, so far it is shooting just like a field point.
However, I had a heck of a time getting the arrows out! I thought bag targets were ok for broadhead use?? I ended up losing 2 blades on each arrow, so I am already down 2 broadheads! What target can I shoot at that won't ruin my broadheads?

02181386fddd428cca2f0598f57901ef.jpg&key=0e55a6c83cfcd00240976c651745da7931d692fb3faf45cf2edd031ef49fcf5a

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Usually those bags are field tip only. Usually the broad head targets are layered foam. If they where that hard to pull out I’d say your bag is field tip only.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Moho81 said:

Usually those bags are field tip only. Usually the broad head targets are layered foam. If they where that hard to pull out I’d say your bag is field tip only.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you.  I do have a layered target, so I will use just that from now on. 

3 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

I still need to zip some broadheads down range. Little nervous lol. 

My broadhead target is still at the Academy, just south of the tree stand behind those logs. 

If the arrow is sticking out both sides of the target after you shoot, unscrew the braodhead and yank it out backwards.  If the vanes are buried in the foam, just pull it straight through.

• Like 2

OK, for the reading impaired, we are down to the last few days until the bow opener for both the NZ and SZ.
Let's those ONE shots ( for the reading impaired or the dyslexic that's the very first shot after not shooing for a day or two to simulate a hunting situaltion ) that count with a BH. One arrow. Not a group!

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

12 minutes ago, Rob... said:

OK, for the reading impaired, we are down to the last few days until the bow opener for both the NZ and SZ.
Let's those ONE shots ( for the reading impaired or the dyslexic that's the very first shot after not shooing for a day or two to simulate a hunting situaltion ) that count with a BH. One arrow. Not a group!

Lighten up francis

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Rob... said:

Yes master,next time i will pull my other arrows.