Toxic Buck

sodfather

Ok so a little story for some of you that may have missed this or running with the bulls in Spain. @turkeyfeathersreceived this photo from someone he doesn’t know of a buck near Arrow dr. Of course we were all in awe over it’s size. Probably a week later I was driving down Genesee street and noticed a big deer hit by a car. After a group text between Biz, Treeguy, Larry , and TF they convinced me to turn around and snap off his horn. When I approach the animal one side was already missing. I managed to get the other side of him. What do you all think this deer scored?

1FF80E79-5A37-4668-9CFB-B3D335B8AF57.jpeg

50F4BD52-B669-472F-93F5-90BAC1769DFE.jpeg

AEC04B8D-8AF4-46F4-9211-EAB00024B914.jpeg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, dmandoes said:

the antler u picked up,  g1 5", g2 7", g3 7", g4 3.5", mass 16, main beam 21", stickers 3.5"s 

41 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

So 70+?

i think that adds up to 63.  the other side looks a little smaller, ill say 57.  inside spread 16" tough to tell from pic.  total 136 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, dmandoes said:

i think that adds up to 63.  the other side looks a little smaller, ill say 57.  inside spread 16" tough to tell from pic.  total 136 

If I was just guessing from a quick look, I would have put his at 140-145 but your numbers make sense.

9 hours ago, fasteddie said:

My guess on the score would be Deer Zero / Vehicle One 

I wonder what the vehicle looked like afterwords ?  I bet there was some damage under it, caused by the missing antler.  It probably tore up some combination of brake, transmission, or fuel lines.   It looks like some serious road rash on that buck and it looks like he had some weight to him, based on his chest girth.   That is right near the strip joint.  I can't say for sure if I have ever been there, but I have stopped into that tractor shop, that the buck is lying next to in the photo, for backhoe parts a few times.    

4 hours ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

That triple brow may have ended up being 9" total

I think (VERY dangerous) that they only take one brow measurement.  My buck from a few years ago had two brows on each side over an inch and only A single longest from each side counted. 

Where’s Bob Estes when we need him??

• Like 1

I think (VERY dangerous) that they only take one brow measurement.  My buck from a few years ago had two brows on each side over an inch and only A single longest from each side counted. 
Where’s Bob Estes when we need him??

Really? Gross? That’s silly imo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

35 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Really? Gross? That’s silly imo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mine was measured typical and IIRC only the longest single point/tine on each side of the counted.

I'd happily take a couple extra inches....... :)

• Like 1