HELP squirrel in my wall

Team Hoyt

I've had enough of this squirrel that has taken up residence in our house. It's a big red squirrel. For the past week I have set cage traps, rat traps, rat glue boards. I have put peanut butter on the trap pan, apples, and sun flower seeds. The bastard has taken the bait with out the door tripping. It's set at the lightest I can make it still no success. Ive closed all entry points i can see. Any ideas thanks

Wrap some absorbent cloth like cotton gauze around the bait pan of a rat trap and secure it with wire , fishing line or whatever..

Work peanut butter into the gauze so it is saturated...  Mr. Squirrel will not be able to just  lick the PB off, and will have to work harder to get it all,  increasing the chances of  him tripping the trap...

• Like 2

I feel your pain! Had one in the walls of one my old houses. One day i found him inside the house running around, I opened the door to the garage and chased him out.. after never being able to catch him before then... I got lucky and he ran right into a tied fishing hook from one of my poles.. caught him by the neck lol.. The rest was history after finishing him off.. What a relief! 

1 hour ago, Uncle Nicky said:

I would suggest rat poison in a bag smeared w peanut butter, but you can't buy anything very effectice anymore.

Do NOT use poison !!     The animal will seek water outside, and die.   Then a Hawk, or Eagle will die from eating a poisoned Squirrel.   and the entire food chain will suffer.

Good ole fashioned rat trap. I don't use peanut butter. I have had too many sit there and lick it off and not trip the trigger. This is fool proof. I take a peanut. scuff a groove around the middle of it with a knife point then use wire like a bread tie to wire it in one the trigger. It will get him and he won't get the bait.  

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, the blur said:

Do NOT use poison !!     The animal will seek water outside, and die.   Then a Hawk, or Eagle will die from eating a poisoned Squirrel.   and the entire food chain will suffer.

The old poison killed them by bleeding internally, it was a lot more effective.