Trespasser ?

Pygmy

I was up on the property squirrel hunting yesterday and I discovered a nice, new, expensive looking climbing stand hooked to a tree within sight of my food plot...A couple of people do have permission to bowhunt the property, but I don't believe they have hunted it yet...

I left a note attached to the stand  with my phone number, asking to have the owner call me and identify themselves  OR  to remove the stand and stay off the property...

If I don't  get a response, I'll start checking the property at dawn and dusk  hoping to catch someone hunting the stand...

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

Give it a week, take the stand and leave a note.  They will call.  Had it happen first year at my place and have not had them return since.  They called asking for the bottom of the ladder stand.  I gave it back and told them not to return.

I wonder if the guy had it in his mind that he was gonna tear you a new one when he showed up to get the stand and then realized how much of a bad idea that would be when he saw how big you are LOL.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

I wonder if the guy had it in his mind that he was gonna tear you a new one when he showed up to get the stand and then realized how much of a bad idea that would be when he saw how big you are LOL.

Nah - I politely explained that it would be my pleasure to make his life a living hell with lawsuits and it doesn't cost me a thing.  Everyone now knows that its best to stay off the lawyer's land.  lol  He did call to ask to recover a deer once and of course I said go ahead.  But trespassing has not been an issue since year 1.  He hunts the neighbor's and stays there.  WE are all happy.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

Nah - I politely explained that it would be my pleasure to make his life a living hell with lawsuits and it doesn't cost me a thing.  Everyone now knows that its best to stay off the lawyer's land.  lol  He did call to ask to recover a deer once and of course I said go ahead.  But trespassing has not been an issue since year 1.  He hunts the neighbor's and stays there.  WE are all happy.

damn talk about not standing a chance.  You could prob crush him like a grape if he wanted to go the physical route and then if he went the legal route you got em again!  He knew this was a losing battle all around! lol  

1 hour ago, Pygmy said:

I was up on the property squirrel hunting yesterday and I discovered a nice, new, expensive looking climbing stand hooked to a tree within sight of my food plot...A couple of people do have permission to bowhunt the property, but I don't believe they have hunted it yet...

I left a note attached to the stand  with my phone number, asking to have the owner call me and identify themselves  OR  to remove the stand and stay off the property...

If I don't  get a response, I'll start checking the property at dawn and dusk  hoping to catch someone hunting the stand...

if any issues contact the Moog trespasser hotline - problem solved.  

Actually i think his response was perfect.  Leave that note, in a week take the stand down and leave the note that they can come and get it.  That way you also know who it is in case a further issue.  

I once had permission with another guy to hunt a property til season opened.  He was renting the house and land which was 40 acres.  He said he got the ok from the owner as well.  Well the night before opening day the guy calls and the owner changed his mind and took down our stands and dragged them out with a 4 wheeler.  He was gonna take them to his house.  But i came and got them and no one was around when i got there.  The renter said he gave him the ok but guess the guy changed his mind and it was his handyman that took them down.  Looks like we were in the handy mans hunting spot.  

1 hour ago, Pygmy said:

Catch any squirrels??

The Mermaid received a text yesterday evening..The stand belongs to her nephew, who has had permission in past years to hunt.. However, he has previously hunted the other end of the property, well away from my foodplots...I'll have a little discussion  with him regarding   the location of his stand... He's a good kid and I'm sure there will be no problem...

BTW...Checked my trail cam yesterday and saw several bucks, including a couple of respectable 8 points, plus a bunch of turkeys ( one of which was actually strutting)  and a dandy bear...

• Like 9

57 minutes ago, Pygmy said:

The Mermaid received a text yesterday evening..The stand belongs to her nephew, who has had permission in past years to hunt.. However, he has previously hunted the other end of the property, well away from my foodplots...I'll have a little discussion  with him regarding   the location of his stand... He's a good kid and I'm sure there will be no problem...

BTW...Checked my trail cam yesterday and saw several bucks, including a couple of respectable 8 points, plus a bunch of turkeys ( one of which was actually strutting)  and a dandy bear...

Damn, and here I thought I was getting a smokin deal on a like new Lone Wolf....

• Like 4
  • Haha 2