Fight at the Galleria Mall

moog5050

i'm a pretty passive non-confrontational individual. it's served me well despite my run ins with people acting like an ass. i've taken drinks to the head, had a car full of toolboxes cat call my wife on occasion throughout my life. I've taken Tae kwan do and boxing but have never needed to use any of it.  repercussions drastically different in my older years being a pistol permit holder and with open ended NY laws. Besides there's always someone out there bigger, stronger, or with more skill to give you an a$$ whoopin.  unless you're defending yourself it's just not worth it. Moog brought up a great point. times have changed and you never know how far the the other person is going to take it. it's no longer a good old brawl between boys.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

Anyone else wondering what kind of a death wish someone would have to say something to moogs girlfriend in front of him? I'd take my chances running across the thruway in rush hour first.

Or have been an offensive lineman or quarterback back during his playing days!!!   

1 minute ago, dbHunterNY said:

i'm a pretty passive non-confrontational individual. it's served me well despite my run ins with people acting like an ass. i've taken drinks to the head, had a car full of toolboxes cat call my wife on occasion throughout my life. I've taken Tae kwan do and boxing but have never needed to use any of it.  repercussions drastically different in my older years being a pistol permit holder and with open ended NY laws. Besides there's always someone out there bigger, stronger, or with more skill to give you an a$$ whoopin.  unless you're defending yourself it's just not worth it. Moog brought up a great point. times have changed and you never know how far the the other person is going to take it. it's no longer a good old brawl between boys.

You are 100% correct.

What’s Toby Keith’s song ? not as good as I once was :blackeye:

I always get a kick out of these conversations when there are kids fighting. "Whats wrong with kids these days" "I cant believe kids are fighting" "America is going to hell in a handbasket", etc etc. Dont people remember how it was when they were young? Come on, its the same crap that went down back then. I cant even count how many fights Ive been in, Ive had knives pulled on me, a gun popped up in one fight, Ive been maced, etc. Guns are a bit more prevalent these days, but only because alot of kids are too afraid to take an ass whipping.

My wife thinks I am paranoid  . I carry  all the time . Watch people always have an out  sit back against the wall  at restaurants  look for exits..  I avoid malls and shopping at peak trouble times . Not to long ago wife and I are sitting at a hole in the wall restaurant  having lunch . A young man walks in to pick up food.  I look up  notice his hands clutching the front of his pants as he walks in. Young man maybe  18 . Hoodie up earbuds in pants hanging down . Pulls out a roll of cash to pay ,and almost  drops the gun stuffed in his pants. Look at wife and she is looking at him over her shoulder.  He is nervous and looking around I take the wife's hand to get her to look back  at me .  Told her to ignore it . He pays and rushes out. She asks me how I knew to watch him  lol.  I doubt he was old enough to  have a pistol permit . Nobody I know carrying glock loose in pants and no holster.  I did take a pic of him and his plate when he left . Turned it over to a trooper friend.

• Like 4

I fancied myself a fighter in college until my last brawl at a bar. One of my friends started it, I joined the fracas until I suddenly found myself dangling from the air. The nose tackle from the football team, who went on to a brief NFL stint, picked me up by the scruff of my neck. Last thing I remembered was flying through the door of the bar helplessly.

At that point, I decided I was a lover not a fighter.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

I got into a brawl as a kid and got hit across the nose with a pipe. It turned out the kid had made it specifically to injure people, it was like a heavy telescoping baton type thing. Which consequently carried a boatload of serious charges. He actually went away for a while. After a couple years wed see that group of guys and all hang out and laugh about it. It was a simpler time...

6 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

I got into a brawl as a kid and got hit across the nose with a pipe. It turned out the kid had made it specifically to injure people, it was like a heavy telescoping baton type thing. Which consequently carried a boatload of serious charges. He actually went away for a while. After a couple years wed see that group of guys and all hang out and laugh about it. It was a simpler time...

I think I saw a very tall lanky but strong 40 something wearing duck waders in that brawl footage from Wed.   Tacks do you have something you want to tell us?

Edited by moog5050
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

41 minutes ago, The_Field_Ager said:

Women are infamous for their lack if situational awareness. The trouble they have gotten me into in the past is something to behold

My wife is the exact same way. Wife just had to see a doctor in Buffalo several times, on S. Elmwood Ave. I did not like it, but we went.  Nothing happened to us, but the weird people walking around gave me the shakes...If I need something, I'll order on-line. 

45 minutes ago, The_Field_Ager said:

oh yes, not nearly as divisive, dangerous or menacing. Unless you went to certain areas. These Mall riots never happened when I was young

Maybe not "riots", but fights sure did. I was involved in quite a few at Marketplace Mall back in the day. Some of them involved 15-20 people. We just didnt have camera phones, social media or access to every news channel in the world, so you never heard about it unless you were there or knew someone involved.

So Poloncarz has come out and claimed anyone noting the usual patterns with regards this latest Mall riot is a racist.

We are no longer permitted to believe our lyin eyes or ask the sensitive questions it seems.We simply have to accept these things as the new normal.  Nothing to see here. Move along

Edited by The_Field_Ager
  • Like 3

Only two people arrested I heard. Way to go Cheektowaga’s finest. Ok I know some of you are thinking it and I’ll say it. My wife works in the City school district and these animals are just that animals. The hood will always stay the hood I’m just glad their just beating each other up instead of some innocent kids. Last time I was at the mall a couple puke ass wanna be gang bangers bumped into me for no reason at all. He looked at me I looked at him and of course I didn’t get an excuse me just a stare down. 

• Like 2