LIVE From The Woods 2019 - Lets hear stories and see some pictures!

fasteddie

So I didn’t mention it in my previous post but yesterday when my kids helped me set the blind up, my youngest was attacked by a ton of yellow jackets. He was stung at least 6 times in the face and back of his head. Being only 5 this was pretty traumatic for him so in my rush to get him back to the house yesterday and stuff to do last night I kinda forgot all about the bees nest that must be right outside the blind. Well, I remembered now! Sounds like there’s a thousand of the damned things buzzing around just outside behind me. Of course that’s the direction the door faces too. Gonna be interesting getting out. Might have to try and squeeze through one of these windows!

• Sad 3

122f66704fe0a645579e0a8bb1951707.jpg

Still only 57-60 degrees here in 3N. Tons of leaves down. Never seen it like this on 10/1. Only checked 1 cam where I’m sitting on acorn flat. This buck appears to be a brow-less 5pt. He’s 3x2 and was here in daylight on 9/23 and then last night. I just can’t find brows on his pics. Maybe he’s a new buck or is the brow-less 6pt and broke a tine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8 minutes ago, Adkhunter1590 said:

So I didn’t mention it in my previous post but yesterday when my kids helped me set the blind up, my youngest was attacked by a ton of yellow jackets. He was stung at least 6 times in the face and back of his head. Being only 5 this was pretty traumatic for him so in my rush to get him back to the house yesterday and stuff to do last night I kinda forgot all about the bees nest that must be right outside the blind. Well, I remembered now! Sounds like there’s a thousand of the damned things buzzing around just outside behind me. Of course that’s the direction the door faces too. Gonna be interesting getting out. Might have to try and squeeze through one of these windows!emoji15.png

That stinks.  I hope your son recovers quickly.  I would not mess with the yellowjackets.  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Still only 57-60 degrees here in 3N. Tons of leaves down. Never seen it like this on 10/1. Only checked 1 cam where I’m sitting on acorn flat. This buck appears to be a brow-less 5pt. He’s 3x2 and was here in daylight on 9/23 and then last night. I just can’t find brows on his pics. Maybe he’s a new buck or is the brow-less 6pt and broke a tine.

ears are covering those brows- tag worthy shooter!  

13 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Nice!!thanks for reminder.forgot to bring card reader with me!had to be something....

That stinks.  I hope your son recovers quickly.  I would not mess with the yellowjackets.  

He was pretty sore and upset last night. Took awhile to calm him down. Thankfully I had some bee sting stuff in my first aid kit that helped the pain. Can’t wait for some colder weather so the bees aren’t a problem anymore! But now I sit here contemplating how I’m gonna squeeze my ass through this tiny window haha86d86135d3cd06175b632883ba738e6a.jpg
  • Like 4

still not a bad buck Biz, good size body.  He would meet my requirements anyway.  Usually 5 points or better. 

Yea, mine is 6pt but he looks nice despite being browless. Actually in 1 pic he appears to have 1 brow on same side as 3. So he may be a 4x2, 6pt

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Adkhunter1590 said:

He was pretty sore and upset last night. Took awhile to calm him down. Thankfully I had some bee sting stuff in my first aid kit that helped the pain. Can’t wait for some colder weather so the bees aren’t a problem anymore! But now I sit here contemplating how I’m gonna squeeze my ass through this tiny window haha86d86135d3cd06175b632883ba738e6a.jpg

Cut a hole in bottom and put feet out and lift lolol like in the cartoons

• Like 1