fasteddie

LIVE From The Woods 2019 - Lets hear stories and see some pictures!

2 minutes ago, Whereareyoubuck said:

So there I was, half an hour before sunset, texting in my deer stand. Out of the corner of my right eye I see a buck. I turn my head, and realize it is THE buck, the 10-pointer I have been watching for TWO YEARS. I stupidly did not even have an arrow nocked, so I do it quickly as he put his head down for a second. He is 15 yards from me. He never looked up at me, but he promptly trotted away, and I never got a chance to turn and draw. I tried to rattle him back in, but no luck. I need a “don’t text and hunt” law!!!

I am so f*cking frustrated with myself!!!

6CE76588-BEAB-4189-B842-C63AA9A367A0.jpeg

That sucks bad, if it helps we’ve all been there.. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Bionic said:

3 bucks, 3 does tonight, best sit in a few years.  

There ya go. #youryear this year. Bears about too. My predictions are usually pretty bunk but confident in this one 

3 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

There ya go. #youryear this year. Bears about too. My predictions are usually pretty bunk but confident in this one 

Thanks buddy.  One of these years...keep trying.

11 minutes ago, Whereareyoubuck said:

So there I was, half an hour before sunset, texting in my deer stand. Out of the corner of my right eye I see a buck. I turn my head, and realize it is THE buck, the 10-pointer I have been watching for TWO YEARS. I stupidly did not even have an arrow nocked, so I do it quickly as he put his head down for a second. He is 15 yards from me. He never looked up at me, but he promptly trotted away, and I never got a chance to turn and draw. I tried to rattle him back in, but no luck. I need a “don’t text and hunt” law!!!

6CE76588-BEAB-4189-B842-C63AA9A367A0.jpeg

Half hour before sunset and no arrow nocked? Come on man!

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, mattypotpie8S said:

Half hour before sunset and no arrow nocked? Come on man!

X2

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Bionic said:

3 bucks, 3 does tonight, best sit in a few years.  

That's what we want to hear!  Awesome.  

• Thanks 1

6CE76588-BEAB-4189-B842-C63AA9A367A0.thumb.jpeg.a093724e366b80239615f7b2c7fb6860.jpeg

Why would you be in your stand and not have an arrow nocked??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

I fully support PETA!!

People Eating Tasty Animals

22 minutes ago, jvillegas2086 said:

That’s what I’m most excited about. I’m hoping he will stay safe until rifle season.

Best time of year is next couple of weeks.  No crossbow or compound? 

1 minute ago, squirrelwhisperer said:

Why would you be in your stand and not have an arrow nocked?? emoji15.png

Because I was miserable sitting in the rain for 3 hours!!! And texting!!!

68BED8D0-275D-4811-83AF-D87FF3FBE38C.thumb.jpeg.ed71631a5de30eb2b4ca768adaad0907.jpegJust got a pic of this buck. On the video, he was trailing a doe. He just needs to come thru that patch about 30 minutes earlier. They have definitely started the seeking phase as a buddy of mine had several pics early this morning on one cam of at least 4 different bucks looking for a date. 

Edited by NonTypical
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Whereareyoubuck said:

Don't despair, the story might not be over yet.  I had a similar thing happen last season (but it involved a bright chrome cup of hot cider - I learned the "text/phone" lesson a few years prior).    When the bruiser swamp buck caught a glimpse of me taking a sip, he walked out of range before I could get to my crossbow.   I watched where he went and moved my hang-on stand to a strategic location.   A week later, I had the last laugh.   

deerCiderThermos.jpg.486c0d219a74a89802ceb48d85d8f452.jpg

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, wolc123 said:

Don't despair, the story might not be over yet.  I had a similar thing happen last season (but it involved a bright chrome cup of hot cider - I learned the "text/phone" lesson a few years prior).    When the bruiser swamp buck caught a glimpse of me taking a sip, he walked out of range before I could get to my crossbow.   I watched where he went and moved my hang-on stand to a strategic location.   A week later, I had the last laugh.   

deerCiderThermos.jpg.486c0d219a74a89802ceb48d85d8f452.jpg

Still hiding that chrome cup from him, I see.

Yeah, I'm pretty confident I'll see him again. I've been seeing him fairly often on the cameras. 

Just now, Whereareyoubuck said:

Still hiding that chrome cup from him, I see.

Yeah, I'm pretty confident I'll see him again. I've been seeing him fairly often on the cameras. 

Yeah, I did no learn that part of the lesson yet by that time.  Fortunately, he showed up the next week, right after I finished my drink and had it stowed back in my pack.  Last week, while hunting up in the northern zone, I wrapped that shiny chrome Stanley with dull black electrical tape.    Hopefully, I don't get busted with it again this year.      

28 minutes ago, wolc123 said:

Yeah, I did no learn that part of the lesson yet by that time.  Fortunately, he showed up the next week, right after I finished my drink and had it stowed back in my pack.  Last week, while hunting up in the northern zone, I wrapped that shiny chrome Stanley with dull black electrical tape.    Hopefully, I don't get busted with it again this year.      

My water bottle goes in an old sock that lost it's mate. Edit* washed sock

Edited by mattypotpie8S
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, mattypotpie8S said:

My water bottle goes in an old sock that lost it's mate

Walk of shame in the woods after White Castle the night before syndrome 

• Haha 1

Walk of shame in the woods after White Castle the night before syndrome 

We both know one sock wouldn’t be enough to handle White Castle shits. You would be missing socks, boxers, base layers, and still have to find some leaves

• Like 1

Pretty damned pumped to get in the woods tomorrow, been over 2 weeks.  Going to sit a brand new spot in the white oaks in the AM, and probably apples in the evening.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

'08 Bowtech Commander

GoldTip Hunter Expedition's w/ Rage 2 Blades

Remington 700 .308

Mossberg 500 Pump

28 minutes ago, UpStateRedNeck said:

Pretty damned pumped to get in the woods tomorrow, been over 2 weeks.  Going to sit a brand new spot in the white oaks in the AM, and probably apples in the evening.

Yesssssssssssssssssssss!

3 minutes ago, Chef said:

No shot ?

No, these are zoomed in too, hard to tell if legal.  Great day though 

i am only confident out to 20-25 yards, sucks, but dont want to wound an animal 

Edited by Bionic
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, moog5050 said:

Well that is now missing too

Moog, 

Please pm me your address, you sir enlightened me to the whole old school change purse milkweed carrier. I owe you and will make sure you Sir are never again devoid of the purse. 

Cheers,

J sin

• Like 2
  • Haha 1